iv.

" i was born in summer
and it stamped itself
on my heart. "
— hannah nicole

baby frazier | a new addition

Cho stood over the stovetop, stirring a pot of pasta sauce slowly. The smell of cooking tomatoes filled the kitchen, and the heat from the pot warmed her face. A pair of arms encircled her stomach and David rested his cheek on the top of her head, breathing in the smell of her shampoo.
"You should let me cook Cho, you're about fit to burst." His voice was lighthearted— she was nearing her due date and had been filling her days with preparing dinner for the foreseeable future; the couple would more than likely be too tired to make dinner for quite some time.

Cho turned her head, ready with a witty remark for her husband when she inhaled sharply. The wooden spoon that was once in hand clattered to the ground, splattering their feet with red sauce.
The soft smile wiped itself from David's face almost immediately. "Are you okay?" He rubbed her stomach worriedly, "Is there something wrong with the baby?"
Cho managed a small laugh, "Nothing, she's just going to be coming a bit earlier than expected."

"Oh my god." He said, jumping into panic mode. "It's only June, we were supposed to have another two weeks." He took a gulp of air, tamping down his anxiety. "We have to go right now, do you have your go bag?"
Before she could answer he was running off in search of that and anything else they might need.

Sometimes he forgot she was a witch. She pulled her wand out of her pocket and muttered a few spells under her breath. The stove shut off and a container for the sauce floated towards the pot, where it was filled and placed itself in the refrigerator. A sponge began cleaning off the floor and a damp napkin her feet and she waited for David to return. And he did, bag in hand. The sight of household items moving without aid startled him for a moment before he remembered what Cho was.
"Are we going?" He said, handing her a pair of socks and shoes, then dropping everything to put them on for her so they wouldn't have to sit down.

She winced again as a contraction rocked her body. It was as though her organs were stuck in a vice.

"We'll see her soon." David said incredulously, locking the house behind them.

"We did not prepare for this possibility." David said some hours later as he paced the room.

"It's okay David, everything we have is gender neutral, and even if it wasn't the baby wouldn't know the difference." Cho's hands itched to hold her son. The nurse had left with the baby so that he could be immunized.

"I'm more worried about his name." She confessed, running a hand tiredly through her hair. "I know we said we'd name the baby after your mom, but Julia does not make for a good boy's name."

David dropped into the chair placed next to Cho's bed, deep in thought. "I think I know exactly what his name should be."

Cho held baby Cedric to her chest as both mother and son slept contentedly.

Cho is a criminally underrated and often hated character, so here is my little love letter to her. That's all for this one, thanks for reading! ❤