chapter-6

The sun sank low and I went upstairs to get ready.

The white box rested on my bed. I opened it and it was a beautiful red dress. Backless which just ended above my knees. With it was a neatly folded paper in the box below the dress.

"Sorry for yesterday. Lia, I have always had a crush on you  though I know, for you, we are just friends. Will you give me a chance to be more than that? And no, I don't mean best friends."

I held it in my hands. My face felt a bit hot and I caught myself smiling in the mirror.

"Damn" I said to myself holding the dress in front of my body looking in the mirror.

I got ready and put on some light make up. A bit of concealer, mascara and red lipstick which matched the dress. The butterflies in my belly now and then fought among themselves to let me know they are still there. I put my hair up in a ponytail and gave myself a final look. I let my hair down again and stared my reflection for a good 5 minutes and let it be that way. It was almost 7 so I went downstairs.

"Mum, I'll be leaving now. Do I look ok?" I said, wearing my flat sandal cause I was super clumsy when it came to walking on heels.

  My mum peaked from the kitchen, "Wait a sec. I am coming dear."

I made my way to the kitchen and mum looked at me, keeping down the recently washed dishes.

"Wow, Honey you look beautiful. Let me just- wait here. I'll bring the camera."

We clicked some photos and the doorbell rang.

"That must be Jason. Bye mama" I said kissing  mum goodbye on her cheek.

"Bye sweetie, have a good time."

I opened the door and Jason stood there on his black tuxedo. His hair combed back and he held a white rose in his hand, "Flower for my lady." 

He looked right behind me and I knew I didn't had to turn around to know mum was peeking like a little girl. Yet, I looked behind and mum gave me a wide grin and thumbs up and disappeared behind the wall back to the kitchen.

"Thanks, I love white roses." I exclaimed looking back at Jason as I took the beautiful rose and pinned it on the strap of My dress. The smooth smell of the rose made me smile brighter.

"I know" Jason grinned, "Let's go now, shall we?"

I nodded and Jason held the door for me. We got in the car and left for the school.