21.

Valencia Carter

I shook my head, "Sebastian are you drunk?"

"No, let me take you on a date."

"I'm not going on a date with you." I said as I flipped through channels.

He sucked his teeth, "Why not?"

"You have a girlfriend that you can't seem to let go." I rolled my eyes thinking about that little episode he put on last night at the bowling alley.

"Then why did I just break up with her?" He said in a matter of fact tone.

"Negro, you did what?" I sat up on my bed now that he had my attention.

"I'm not going to keep repeating myself."

"And I'm not going on a date with you."

The line got silent and then I heard him huff, "Why not?"

"Because I don't want to date you. I like girls Sebastian."

He let out a hyena laugh into the phone, "You like girls? Baby you crack me up."

"I'm serious."

"You like girls but we was just fucking this morning and last night and the night before that then there was that time between my classes-"

"Okay Sebastian. What's your point?"

"My point is you like dick, well mines at least." He chuckled making me roll my eyes at his arrogance. "So let's delete the whole lesbian mentality you have going on. Let's be honest, when's the last time you been in contact with one of them bitches you got in your phone?"

"...I don't know."

"Exactly!"

"Let's get something straight, you're not all that good."

"God don't like liars. So when am I coming to pick you up?"

"I'm not going on a date with you."

"Okay." He simply said before the line went dead.

"No he did not just...niggas." I shook my head as I placed my phone on the nightstand.

I went back to my reruns snuggling under my covers. Hazel was still gone and I was alone, bored in this quiet apartment. Hours went by and I began to doze off, but the ringing from my phone woke me up.

"What?"

"You're going to stop answering the phone like that when daddy calls you." Sebastian's voice came through the phone.

I rolled my eyes, "What do you want? You hung up on me earlier."

"Open the door." He told me.

"What?"

"Are you going deaf or something? I've been repeating myself to you all day. Get your ass up and open this door."

I huffed as I hung up on him and flung the cover off of me to make my way to the door. It's too late for him to just be popping up at my house. I opened the door and he welcomed himself inside.

"What is all of that?" I pointed at the bags in his hand as I shut the door.

"Well I have Poetic Justice and Belly, I didn't know what you wanted to watch. I got Sour Patches and Cheetos, your favorite." He sat the on the counter and I felt a smile form on my face. I was...blushing.

"How did you know those were my favorite?"

"Because I noticed you're always eating it. That's a weird combination, but if you like it I love it." He shrugged. "Snacks and Madden if you you can hang."