9: Blaise and Ginny?

~ Hermione's P.O.V ~

Two weeks have passed since the start of term. Ginny and I are currently sitting in the Gryffindor Common Room, working on an essay for DADA. Which is due on Monday and today is Saturday.

"So, 'Mione, how are things with Malfoy?" Ginny asks out of the blue.

I look up from my essay to make eye contact with my best girl friend. Other then Pansy, that is. Pansy and I have become close friends ever since I found out I'm a Zabini.

"We're just friend's Ginny and you can call him Draco y'know" I say, arching a brow at her.

It's very annoying how Ginny, Harry, and Ron still call Blaise, Draco, and Pansy by their surnames. But the Slytherin's are guilty of doing the same thing. They're all legal adults but they all act like immature preteens.

"Whatever Hermione. I need to tell you something and it's very important" Ginny says, gradually lowering her voice down to a slight whisper.

She's whispering even though there isn't anyone else in the Common Room. It must be important if she doesn't want anyone else to know.

"What is it?" I ask her, concerned for my friend.

"I.......like someone" Ginny says with a heavy sigh.

She places her essay paper and quill down on the desk we're working at. She leans back in the chair she's sitting in, a heavy blush appearing on her face.

"That's great Gin! Who is it?" I ask her with a wide smile.

"Uh......it's Blaise" Ginny says, blushing worse then before and looking down at the floor.

"Why are you embarrassed? Blaise is a great guy" I say, trying to cheer Ginny up.

"Because he's my best friends brother and that's kinda weird. And he would never like me back anyways" Ginny says, a sad expression appearing on her face.

"That isn't true Gin. You're a wonderful person and anyone who can't see that is absolutely daft" I say with a smile, reaching out and patting Ginny on the shoulder.

"Thanks Hermione. Just please don't tell anyone, especially Blaise" Ginny says, looking up with a somewhat happy expression on her face.

"You know I wouldn't do that Ginny" I say, rolling my eyes at the younger girl.

"Anyways, do you like anybody?" Ginny asks.

Shit.

I actually do like someone and his name just so happens to be Draco Malfoy. But he'll never like me back so what's the harm in telling Ginny? It's not like she would go and tell him. Right?

"Yeah" I reply, a blush slowly forming on my face.

"Well who is it?" Ginny asks, leaning forward in her seat.

"I have a crush on Draco" I whisper to Ginny.

"Malfoy?!?" Ginny basically shrieks.

"Keep your damn voice down!" I yell at her.

"So you like Malfoy? Since when?" Ginny asks, sounding as if she doesn't believe me.

"Since we first started hanging out over the summer with Blaise and Pansy" I explain with a sigh.

"You spent your summer hanging out with Malfoy and Parkinson? Really feeling the love Hermione" Ginny says sarcastically, rolling her eyes at me.

"I'm sorry Gin, Draco and Pansy we're hanging out with Blaise over the summer and I was trying to get to know my brother and the rest of my biological family" I say, narrowing my eyes at Ginny.

"I was joking 'Mione, relax" Ginny says, raising her hands in surrender.

I laugh and she laughs with me. The portrait opens and in walks Harry and Ron. Where have they been all night? They see Ginny and I and they walk over to us.

"Hey Gin, 'Mione" Ron says as they walk over.

"Hey boys" I say with a smile.

"What are you to doing?" Harry asks, fixing his circle-shaped glasses.

"DADA essay that's due on Monday" I reply.

"We have a DADA essay?!" Ron exclaims, his eyes as wide as saucers.

"Yes, Ronald, it was assigned yesterday" I say, arching a brow at him.

"Shit! Can you help me on it?" Ron asks, pleading with his eyes.

"Yes, Ron, I'll help you and Harry if you need help I'll help you too" I say, rolling my eyes at the two boys.

They both nod and run upstairs to the boys dormitory to get their DADA stuff so I can help them on the essay. I end up helping Ginny and the boys for the rest of the day. It feels nice to be able to just work on school work and not fear the looming threat of an upcoming war.