Kingdom Keepers

In this fantastical novel, Disney's Magic Kingdom suddenly becomes a bit eerie. Finn Whitman and four other teens have been hired as Disney World guides, but with an odd twist: With cutting-edge technology, they have been transformed into hologram projections capable of leading guests around the park. What begins as an exciting theme park job turns into a virtual nightmare as Finn and his pals attempt to thwart an uprising by a menacing group of Disney villains.

Title: Kingdom Keepers by Ridley Pearson

Overview: This is yet another book that my dad recommended. At first I didn't want to get it because I didn't know what it was about so I went home and searched up what the book was about. After I had learned a little more, I decided that this would be a good book to read because it sounded unique. It's not everyday that I find a book that takes place in Disney World. There might be other books but this is certainly the first I have come across where the main setting is Disney World. The next time I went to Barnes n Noble I bought Kingdom Keepers. (In case you haven't noticed, I buy pretty much all my books at Barnes n Noble because it is literally 5 minutes away from my house and it has a lot of books. My parents get annoyed sometimes because I buy a lot of books and they are VERY expensive. One hardcover book is like 20 dollars....) Well...I read Kingdom Keepers and it was a good book. Not the BEST BOOK EVER, but still...it was satisfying. Some parts were confusing, like the technical parts and one of the characters talking about how something works. Those parts were a little confusing but other than that, this book was great. I learned so much more about Disney than I did before and I've never been to Disney World since it is too expensive but this book made me feel like I was there. I felt like I was in Disney World while reading this book series and it was a great feeling. It is also very realistic with how the characters act and especially how the parents react. I found some parts to be funny as well. Overall I'd give this book series 4-5 stars depending on the book.

Readers Who May Like It: If you are a fan of Disney and/or the Disney movies, I'm sure you will love these books. Kingdom Keepers is literally all about Disney and you also get to see a lot of Disney characters. Even if you don't like Disney as much, you can still enjoy this book series if you like books that are kinda realistic and the characters are very strategic. In my opinion ages 10-16 will understand this and probably enjoy it (kinda doubting on 10 year olds though cuz some parts are kinda confusing and hard to understand). For the most part this is an easy read but people who have been to Disney Park will understand it a lot better since they have been there. These books can be enjoyed by any age and overall I find most of the scenarios the Kingdom Keepers find themselves in to be very intriguing and some parts are also funny. The characters are all realistic and I'm sure anyone who reads this series will find themselves relating with one of the characters. They are all very unique and have their own special qualities.

My Favorite Character(s): My favorite character is Isabella Angelo, also known as Willa. She is a little nerdy but still very brave and the fastest of all the kingdom keepers. She's my favorite because I can relate to her the most out of all the kingdom keepers and I just feel like she's a very unique and different character. All the characters are very unique and even some of the adults are pretty awesome, like Finn's mom because she helps out a lot.

I love these books even though some technical parts are a little confusing. The characters are all just so smart and brave. I love reading these books and seeing the childhood villains I watched movies about come to life in these books in a more realistic and creepy way. Anyone who loves Disney is sure to love these books because it deals with a lot of Disney villains like Maleficent and maybe even some Disney villains that you didn't even know existed. These books get darker and darker as you go. Seriously, these books are super epic and awesome =)