Trying To Conceive

So, I frequent this Trying To Conceive (TTC) website. It's where mothers and even fathers to be, post and talk about their plight with trying to get pregnant. However, a very strange post was made about a month ago. A mother I had talked to from time to time was trying to have a second child and she would ask for tips and tricks, much like any other hoping to be a mom on there. However, her last and final post shocked me. I went to respond but when I hit send it sent me to a page that said the post no longer existed. Thankfully I had copied and pasted everything first just in case I was seeing things. Below is a copy of what she had written.

I know this is going to sound weird and odd and you might just leave before reading all of this or think I'm crazy, but I don't care I have to warn other TTC mothers out there. For those of you that don't know, I've been trying for about 5 years to have another baby. My husband and I have tried all the tricks, I've been to doctors, even my daughter asks for a little sister from time to time. My whole family wants another baby.

As some might also know, I started thinking about adoption since the doctors are sure I'm not fertile anymore. Well, my wish was granted and about 3 years ago, that's why I haven't been on much I've been busy taking care of our new 'child'. I say that because I'm not sure what this kid is, but he...it's...scary now. This is my warning to all mothers to be, to be careful about who you adopt.

My story starts out normal, we go through the adoption process and finally I was able to pick out a child. My family and I sat in the room with a lot of kids playing and this baby, maybe 10 months old, crawls up to me and stretches out his hands to me. He looked like any other baby. Wearing a bare white onesie and a little tuft of brown hair on his head. I picked him up and he hugged me so tight. I almost cried at that moment and I looked at my husband and daughter and they fell in love with the baby as well. In time the papers were signed and we welcomed home our new baby boy.

Things were normal at first, my daughter went to preschool leaving me with the baby and we played and I took care of him. He had the weirdest behavior though, he would always want to suckle. He would hug me tight, roll over in my lap and grab my fingers and suck on them. It was cute, so I let him be. When it was time for a nap or chores I gave him a pacifier in which is hated! He would fuss, cry, scream, and finally, I let him suck on my finger again and he fell asleep. If I had chores I would put him in a sling and do my best with one hand. I thought it was a phase, being in a new environment is stressful on a baby so I let it be.

He grew older and by the time he was almost two the phase not only didn't stop, it got worse. He would suck on my fingers, hair, try to chomp my feet or ankles as I walked down the hall. At some points, he even tore out strands of hair. That was when enough was enough. The time outs and punishments began. He would throw fits each time and the words he said terrified me during his fits. He would say things like, "Want eat skin" and "eat your skin".

It only got worse from there, by his fourth birthday he was making full sentences and always screaming about how he was going to eat my flesh or chew on my fingers. It got to the point if I didn't allow him to suck on my finger or hair he would go days without eating. His eyes became sunk in and his skin looked so pale. I was afraid to take him to the doctor for what they might think! I loved my kids, as much as this one was weird, I didn't want to risk losing both kids for something that was easily fixed. So I caved.

I began to go to the dentist and have teeth pulled. It was awful, but they did need fixing and pulling was cheaper. I would take the tooth and bring it home. My son was so happy the first day I did this. He took the tooth to his room and that was that. I didn't want to know what he was doing with it. I allowed him to take strands of my hair while I just wore a hat to cover up the bald spot forming. I just didn't want to lose my kids.

My husband took notice of this, but didn't say a word, we vowed on our wedding day to not get in the way of parenting styles and risk divorce. I could tell he wasn't pleased as he no longer had the desire to make love to me. Who would? I was down to just my front teeth, my hair was thinning and balding, I had bite marks on me. Who would want to make love to that?

My story changes here though, one day my daughter was very sick and stayed home from school. I sat by her side and she was vomiting into a bucket, it was a run of the mill stomach flu and I knew a day of rest would make her better. My son walked in and saw me rubbing his sisters back, trying to comfort her. He walked over and screamed and cried and pushed her aside in order to crawl into my lap and suck on my finger again. This I wasn't going to have, not when my daughter was sick. I gently put him down and got up to get water for my daughter, telling him he'd have to wait. He cried and screamed something fierce, but I ignored it and sat next to my daughter with the water. He yelled something unearthly and smacked the cup out of my hand and grabbed his sister and wrestled her down. Being sick she didn't stand a chance and I got up and pulled him off her. He kicked and screamed and I quickly got him to his room and shut the door.

It was quiet after that and I got my daughter back onto the couch and calmed her down. Minutes later he returned with something odd in his hand. I ushered him back to his room and he turned and stabbed me with a sharpened plastic piece of a toy. Everything after that was a blur and I only remember my husband coming in, spanking him, and putting him to bed.

Last night....I heard him saying he was going to eat all my flesh, how he was going to munch on my bones....I'm scared, that kid is no kid. He's a monster. I don't want to know how his mother passed away, but I think I have an idea. He's asleep now and I'm so scared to go to sleep. I'm scared of what he might do to me. Maybe I'll give him up for adoption tomorrow.