Brooklyn

It was the summer of '58. The year the dodgers left Brooklyn. The summer Dion and the Belmonts were blasting out of every car radio and the summer i moved back to brooklyn and the summer Marco vendetti came home from prison.

One of the reasons i came back to Brooklyn was because of my brother Vinnie i felt bad for leaving for so long but yet i really hated Brooklyn because all of the conflict... It wasn't my thing i hate conflict. My brother is in this gang called the "Vipers" i personally thought it was stupid.

As i walked up to my new apartment building i sighed and walked in suitcase in hand, As i got everything settled in i went over to the phone and called my brother to let him know im here.

"hello" Vinnie answered

"it's gemma! ya gonna invite me over or what i haven't seen my brother in what? 5 years" i laughed into the phone.

"of course gemma but im heading to hang out with the boys cause marco is coming home in a few hours so we are throwing him a little party" i rolled my eyes

"Who the hell is marco?" i said a little to harshly.
"ay gemma just come over and i'll explain" then he hung up the phone.

Well then...

I got ready and put on high waisted capris, black heals and a black button up sleeveless collar shirt.
I walked down the road with my little purse over my shoulder looking through it making sure i have everything.

I walked up to the dump my brother and his dumb little gang are having this party at. As soon as i walked in all eyes were on me, men were their jaws dropped cat calling me i sighed and looked around to only see a few jealous looking woman whispering to each other.

My eyes landed on my brother, "Vinnie!" i yelled and he got up a ran to me, we hugged and i cried a little into his shoulder.
"ay don't cry gemma" he smiled and i laughed.

We walked over to a pool table.
"oh i'm so gonna beat your ass" i laughed and grabbed a pool stick.
"gemma, marco is gonna be here soon so you and your temper need to cool down for tonight. just please be careful what you say to him he is our leader" he looked at me serious.

About a half hour has passed and Vinnie was telling me some of the horrible things this man has done... still doesn't scare me though.
Me and Vinnie are laughing still playing pool as this strange man walked up to him.

"Hey, welcome home, daddy-o. How you doing?" My brother said to this man which now im assuming is marco. I stood there and watched arms crossed, My brother gave me a look and pushed his hand through the air for me to continue the game.

(Vinnie and Marco)

(Vinnie and Marco)

"Good, How'd you get that?" marco gestured to my brothers bruised face, I didn't even notice it before because when we were young i always beat him up so i was use to seeing them on his face

I laughed to myself thinking about the memories and they both looked at me like i was crazy.

I took the time to observe marco's feature's, he is a very attractive man... Damn sexy... Stop gemma what the hell am i saying? he is a horrible person. whatever.

They continued their conversation and i went to grab a beer. I started getting bored so i just went against a corner.

Marco's pov

Damn that was the most gorgeous woman i've ever seen in my life i thought as i tried to keep up with my conversation with vinnie. "Wait up, who is that girl ya know? that was playing pool with you?"
"ahh i see marco, well that's my sister so watch yourself. She just moved back out here now" he laughed
"ah alright" I put out my cigarette and walked up to her.

Gemma's pov

I looked up to see marco walking over to me... Oh fucking great.
"Hey, i'm marco" he smiled
"im aware" i smiled then dropped my face back into bitchy mode.

"oh" he laughed a bit awkwardly.

"Well im gonna go home nice meeting you marco vendetti" i started to walk away when i felt a death grip around my arm i looked back and it was marco.
I sighed "let me walk you home" I just agreed so he can just leave me alone after that.

We were walking down the road silently when i said the most dumbest thing anyone can say at that moment
" ya know im not scared of you marco, i've heard about what you've done"

"Oh yeah" he smirked and cocked his head at me.

"My place is right here" i pointed and i walked up the couple steps and turned around, here comes that silence again

"My place is right here" i pointed and i walked up the couple steps and turned around, here comes that silence again. I sighed and he looked up at me. "Hey, you wanna go out with me sometime?" i looked at him a little shocked.

"uh i don't know" i looked down and rubbed my hand over my forehead... why the hell would marco vendetti wanna go out on a date with someone like me.

"Come on gemma" he laughed and pulled out a cigarette. One date won't hurt right? i mean what if all these stories aren't even true. He could probably be a nice guy right? eh what the hell.

"Okay fine, One date.. And thats it" i pointed at him and smirked.

"Ya know gemma, you say that now but i bet that's gonna change real soon" He said as he was walking down the steps

"Ya know gemma, you say that now but i bet that's gonna change real soon" He said as he was walking down the steps. " i'll pick you up tommorow at 3"

"So confident" i yelled at him as he walked away putting his hand up.
Guess im going on a date with marco vendetti... Who would have thought.