Saying Goodbye

"Shirley, you're leaving me?" my Granny said.

"Yes, granny." I sighed

"I'm proud of you. You came along way. I've watch you grown into an amazing woman. I'm praying that you make it safe. What is it called? Danish?"

"It's Denmark." I corrected

"Oh."

We both laughed.

"And how long will you be living there?" she asked.

"I was hoping a year. At least found a job teaching there? The hard work paid off. It took me so long to get to this point. I get to take some awesome scenery there! I can't wait."

"Make sure to hype me. Okay?"

"It's Skype. I will when I land."

The taxi if front of my granng house honked. I saw the tear come out of my granny's eyes.

"Awe, Granny you're going to make me cry."

"I am going to miss you Shirley." She sobbed

"Me too."

I hugged her to say my final goodbye. I sent out a Facebook post stating my farewell. They flooded me with safe travels and encouraging words.

My granny helped me put my two bags in the trunk of the taxi. We shared another hug before we left. My granny gave the driver $100 bucks to start off.

I was on my way to metro airport.

***************

On my way there I got a phone call from my best friend Kataya.

"Hey Twin" She said

"Hey girlie what's up?"

"I'm calling you because I know I won't be hearing from you that much. You're going to be busy."

"Girl, I'll be posting a lot of photos on Facebook. I'll be messaging you there."

"It's not going to be the same. I'm going to miss you coming over and cooking together. The conversations, the good advice... Everything."

"Yeah, true. I'm going to miss you." I said

We continued talking almost am hour. Somebody on the other line called me.

"Hey, I gotta go. I'm almost at my destination. Love you!"

"Love you too! Byeeee" she said

"BYEEEEEEE" I responsed

The driver looked at me over the mirror and laughed.

"Hello?"

"Why hello? You're leaving me?"

"Hey Latorii. Girl I'm off to an adventure. I'll be back."

That's my other best friend. I've known her since we were kids going to church together. She calls me literally everyday. I love her for that.

"I know, have fun. Make sure you send me some cute stuff."

"I got you girl. See you. Love you."

"Alright bye."

We both hung up. Next thing I know, I arrived at my destination.

I gave the driver a couple bucks and an extra tip. I got here an hour early. I got time to get something to eat before the long plane ride.

He got out the car to get my bag and carry on. What a gentleman!

"Thank you kind sir for the ride." I said.

"You're welcome. Safe travels."

I smiled.

********************

After going through security, and putting my bag on the plane, I went to Starbucks to get a coffee and breakfast sandwich. I went to my terminal and waited till it was time to get in line for the plane.