Misunderstandings

^ Omg Ningning is so cute in this pic 😊🐰

Renjun's POV
I quickly ran out of the cafe to follow Ningning. "Wait!" I called after her. She stopped and slowly turned around, "Why did you follow me?" She asked confused.

"I wanted to clear up any misunderstandings." I said trying to catch my breath. "Like what? You confessed to Lucy right? It doesn't get much clearer than that." She muttered quietly.

"You got the wrong idea. If wasn't a confession." I told her. "It definitely sounded like one. Is it because you want to keep it a secret?" She asked curiously.

"No, I swear I wasn't confessing to Lucy! She was just helping me practise because I actually want to confess to you!" I suddenly blurted out. I quickly covered my mouth. Oops I wasn't supposed to say that out loud...

She stared at me shocked, "Me?" I looked down shyly, "Yeah. You're the one that I like Ningning."

"Really? You don't like Lucy at all?" She asked still confused. "She's just my friend." I explained simply. "Oh." She said embarrassed at her early assumption.

A few minutes passed of our awkward silence, until I decided to be brave and speak up.

"Is there any chance of you liking me back?" I asked hopefully.

She looked up and smiled, "There's a very high chance actually. Probably... 100%?" She said confidently.

Now it was my turn to be surprised, "Really? You don't like Chenle?"

"Chenle? What gave you that impression?" She asked curiously. I shrugged, "You just seem really close with him."

She laughed, "Nah I'm just friends with that dorky kid, and besides, he's not my type." I raised an eyebrow at her, "What about me?"

She smiled, "You're always sweet, cheerful and supportive. I've heard from the others about how you're a really caring person, who's eager to help anyone."

I blushed at her compliments, "I'm not that great... I'm just a shy Chinese boy." I said humbly.

"Well I guess I like shy Chinese boys then because I really like you Renjun. I don't care what you say; I think that you're great." Ningning told me.

Did I mention that I was blushing? Okay let's be realistic, my whole face and ears were burning red hot from embarrassment; It felt like I was going to explode...

I looked down shyly, "Thanks." I mumbled. I was still staring at my feet when I suddenly heard some giggling. "What's so funny?" I asked her confused.

"You." She said still unable to stop her laughter. "Huh? Is there something on my face?" I asked worriedly as I began rubbing my face.

"No, I just find it really funny how you're this shy in front of me. I thought I was the one that got nervous around you, but I guess your worse." She teased me.

"Yah, I'm even more embarrassed now!" I said sheepishly as I covered my face with my hands.

Ningning hesitantly grabbed my hands and pushed them down, "Don't be embarrassed oppa!" She exclaimed in a really cute voice, causing me to automatically grin.

"That doesn't help, your aegyo will make me more shy!" I said pouting.

"I think everything I do will make you shy... After all, you're just a shy Chinese boy right?" She said laughing.

"You're smart." I said laughing as well.

After a while Ningning said that she had to go back to practise. "Ok, I'll come with you!" I told her eagerly.

"Aren't you forgetting about something?" She asked, causing me to shake my head in confusion.

"Lucy unnie, she's still in the cafe." She said pointing to the building.

"Oh right..." I mumbled embarrassed. "I'll meet you in the practise room then." I continued, signalling that she should go without me. Ningning nodded and waved goodbye.

Meanwhile, I quickly ran back into the cafe. "Yah Lucy! I did it! Isn't this like the best day of my life?!" I shouted excitedly as I jumped up and down in front of her.

"Congrats, I knew that you could do it! What did she say?" Lucy asked curiously. "She said she likes me back! Can you believe it? I was worried about Chenle for no reason." I quickly spoke.

Lucy laughed at my hyper mood before saying, "That's great."

"I know right. This calls for a victory dance!" I suddenly declared before doing a cringy dance, and I really didn't care if it looked weird because I was so happy at that moment.

Lucy was about to join in with me but then her eyes got wider and she started laughing. I turned to see what she was looking at and found Ningning watching me through the glass at the front of the cafe. I thought she had gone already...

I felt my cheeks getting redder as I immediately stopped dancing and sat down in my chair. "Oh my god, what is wrong with me today..." I mumbled embarrassed.

"She's laughing at you right now." Lucy told me amused. "Yah!" I complained. I think I embarrassed myself at least 100 times today...

_

Ooh Renning are finally together...

Please VOTE and COMMENT if you liked this chapter! 💕👍🏼