Nice Hair {Kyoutani Kentarou} (Request)

Soulmate AU in which any changes to either of your hair colors changes the other person's hair color to match!
Requested by @FlutterMau

For the sake of this storyline, if your natural hair color is blonde, just pretend it isn't lol
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Damn...

That was the first thought that entered your mind when you looked at your bedhead in the mirror only to realize that your normally (h/c) hair had been mysteriously dyed golden blonde once again. You should've been used to it by now since you had become a blonde about once a month for the past three months, which seemed to be the universe's way of telling you to get a move on with finding your soulmate.

You sighed deeply as you arranged your newly colored hair as nicely as possible and internally complained about Aobajousai's dress code since it wouldn't permit you to wear a hat or a hoodie in order to dodge questions about why you'd dyed your hair again.

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

During your classes, you found it harder than usual to focus because you kept drifting in and out of daydreams about who your soulmate could be. You wondered what he looked like, what kind of a personality he had, and why he kept dyeing his hair blonde. You wished you could use the process of elimination to find him, but there were so many guys at your school who dyed their hair blonde, which didn't help your situation at all.

You weren't going to go up to every single one of them and ask, "Are you my soulmate by any chance?" No. That would not go well at all.

By the time your class had ended, you were still speculating about who could be your soulmate, and you were so caught up in your thoughts that it took you bumping into someone and dropping all your notebooks to bring you back down to earth. The shock of running into someone on accident made you squeal rather loudly as you whirled around to see who you'd hit.

When you noticed that none other than a royally pissed off Kyoutani was gazing at you from where he stood about a foot away, your heart started to pound in your chest out of pure fear. Oh god, you thought with worry, he's probably going to beat the shit out of me for not paying attention.

There was a long and unbearable moment of silence as he watched you intensely with a pair of narrowed hazel eyes before letting out a huff of displeasure and doing the opposite of what you expected him to do. He bent down, picked up all of the things that you'd dropped, and placed them into your hands wordlessly. He then turned his back on you and continued walking down the hallway on his own, issuing a hard shove to anyone who wouldn't move out of his way.

That was weird. But not nearly as weird as your plan to figure out who your soulmate was.

That was weird.

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

When you arrived at school the next day, you received a wide variety of responses regarding your hair color. Not because your hair was blonde, but because it was actually bright blue, courtesy of your hair dresser. Some people wondered why you waited so long to dye it blue whereas others were wondering when you were going to come back to your senses and return it to its natural color. Little did they know that this was all part of your quest to find your soulmate.

Nobody else at Aobajousai had their hair dyed bright blue except for you and your rather unfortunate and unsuspecting soulmate.

As you walked down the hallway towards your class, you spotted Oikawa and Iwaizumi chatting near a vending machine. As usual, Oikawa looked rather animated. When you neared them enough to hear their conversation, you heard some interesting tidbits of information.

"And when I saw him walk into school this morning, I said, 'Hey, Mad Dog-chan, what's up with the school spirit all of a sudden?'" Oikawa commented with a chuckle, "I mean, have you seen his hair?! It's this ridiculously bright blue! It's absolutely appalling, Iwa-chan."

Iwaizumi, who had noticed your presence as Oikawa had made his statement, stared at you with his mouth slightly agape until his friend turned around, wondering what he was looking at. When Oikawa noticed you and your bright blue hair which he was just describing with such negativity, he let a small "Oh shit," escape his lips.

"So, who were you talking about with the bright blue hair?" you questioned with a sardonic smile.

Just as Oikawa was about to open his mouth and respond, Iwaizumi drew his attention, along with yours, across the hall when he said, "Shit," and snickered softly.

When you looked across the hallway, which was where a pair of bathrooms were located, you noticed Kyoutani exit the men's restroom sporting a new hair color: bright blue. His hair was slightly darker, though, and appeared slightly damp, signalling that he must've tried to wash the color out in the bathroom sink but to no avail.

Part of you wanted to leap with joy upon discovering that Kyoutani was your soulmate, whereas the other part of you wanted to run for your life. You thought he looked pissed yesterday, but he looked livid now. When he locked his hazel eyes with your wide, (e/c) ones, you resisted the urge to bolt and return to your hair dresser so you could dye your hair blonde just to appease him.

"You," he growled as he stormed over to where you stood, making you instinctively retreat until your back was literally against the wall, "You must be my soulmate since you did this." He pointed angrily to his head of bright blue hair before placing his hands on the wall, right above your shoulders. Even though he was towering over you and getting in your personal space to try to intimidate you, you couldn't deny that the look on his face when he was mad was pretty hot.

You watched him carefully and managed to remain calm despite the fact that he was snarling at you about a wide variety of different things. "Just because we happen to be soulmates, don't expect that to save you from me. I had to walk into school this morning only to get made fun of by my teammates and the people around me, and then a stupid teacher took away the hat I was wearing and it was my favorite hat, and...."

You ended up tuning him out as he continued to go on a rampage about how you'd ruined his life by changing his hair color for a day. Instead, you focused on some of his features, such as how his eyes were enticing even though they were being narrowed at you menacingly, and how the muscles in his shoulders and arms flexed slightly whenever he shifted his weight between his hands on the wall beside you. The more you examined him, the more relieved you became when you realized that you'd gotten an attractive acquaintance for your soulmate rather than some random creep.

Kyoutani's angry rambling no longer fazed you, and you soon put it to an end when you placed your hands on the sides of his face and pressed your lips against his. You felt him growl slightly against the kiss at first, but his resistance soon melted away and he moved his hands off of the wall and onto your waist.

When you pulled away from him, he looked much more subdued and much less irritated than he did before, and he appeared to regard you with as gentle a gaze someone as tough as he was could muster. "I'm sorry, Kyoutani. I just wanted to find out who my soulmate was by dyeing my hair a crazy color. I didn't mean to upset you," you apologized honestly as you gave him a pleading look.

His face moved closer to yours again and he planted a gentle kiss on your forehead before his arms snaked around your waist and brought you closer to him so that he could hug you. Since he didn't say anything, you assumed that his warm and unexpectedly comforting embrace was a sign of forgiveness.

"Wow," Oikawa commented, "I have never seen anyone calm Mad Dog-chan down so quickly before in my life. (F/n)-chan, you must have magical kisses! Can I have one?"

You frowned at him and Kyoutani turned his head towards Oikawa to growl defensively before leaving one arm wrapped around you to guide you down the hallway as he led you away from him.

As the two of you walked away together, Oikawa turned to Iwaizumi and sighed, "You know, (f/n)-chan dyeing her hair bright blue helped her find love. Should I do the same thing and hope I find my soulmate?"

A devilish smile formed across Iwaizumi's lips as he responded, "Trashykawa, I think that might be the single greatest idea you've ever had."