Accidental Confessions of Love

This was the fifth time Stiles was arguing with Scott about the danger he's putting himself and Derek in.

They were in Stiles' room while Derek waited downstairs.

"Stop being such a self sacrificing hero all the time Scott! You and Derek could die! Don't you get that? Die!" Stiles yelled, throwing his hands up in exasperation.

Scott rolled his eyes, "We'll be fine Stiles, we always are."

"Oh really? Alright were you fine when you fought the alpha pack and Derek ended up falling onto a broken escalator, bloody, beaten, and bruised? While you were all clawed up on the side? Were you fine when Theo fucking killed you? No, I don't think so."

Stiles was pissed. He has reason to be. Scott was refusing to listen to him even after what's happened to them.

Derek had just been walking by, looking for the bathroom, he hadn't meant to stay standing by the door and listen to them argue.

He listened to Stiles' erratic heartbeat, how his voice rose with anger and a hint of fear.

"I came back didn't I? And Derek survived. We always survive, Stiles."

"Damnit Scott, you won't always come back and neither will Derek." Stiles whispered, his voice catching in his throat.

"I get why you're so worried about me but, why are you so worried about Derek?" Stiles bit his lip to keep from answering.

"Derek a werewolf - an alpha - he'll heal." Scott reminded him, waving him off.

"That's not the point, Scott!"

"Why do you care so much if Derek gets hurt?"

"Because I love him!" It was quiet for a while.

Scott was stunned into silence and Stiles was shocked at what he just confessed.

Derek stood outside the door, frozen.

Stiles loved him? Stiles, loved him?

He was taken out of his frozen daze when Scott spoke up.

"Does he know? Have you told him?" Scott asked and Derek watched through the slightly open door as Scott placed a hand Stiles' shoulder.

Stiles shook his head, "No, and I don't think I ever will. It's Derek, Scott. He won't and doesn't feel the same about me."

Derek felt a pang in his chest at Stiles' words.

They weren't true. He just couldn't believe that someone like Stiles, loved someone like him.

Derek moved his attention from Stiles' shaking form to Scott, who was looking dead at him.

He nodded, as if to tell him to come in and Derek did.

He pushed open the door and silently walked inside.

"Well, you can talk to him about this now." Stiles looked up at him confused before turning around to see Derek standing by the door.

Stiles' eyes widened and his heart skipped a beat at seeing Derek.

"I'll leave you guys alone." Scott said, giving Stiles a squeeze on his shoulder before leaving.

It was quiet for a while, Derek just stared stoically at Stiles while he tried his best to keep his breathing even and keep his hands from shaking.