it was 10 at night. after a long day at work, mingi decided to take a short break at the convenience store near her place since no one was going to greet her at home. she stopped by a cafe that was closing down to buy a coffee before heading to the convenience store.

after a five minutes walk, she finally arrived. the bell tinkled and a gush of cold air greeted her in. mingi smiled at the albeit worker, jongmin, whom she'd known ever since she moved to this town.

"long day at work, huh?" jongmin smiled, starting a conversation.

"as always," mingi shrugged as she took a bowl of spicy chicken ramen from the ramen section and a bottle of apple juice. she walked towards the counter to pay for her food and drink.

before scanning the bowl, jongmin stared at mingi in disbelief. "are you sure you're eating this spicy ramen now? you might get a stomach ache in the morning," jongmin said, concerned. mingi grinned as she was glad knowing jongmin because he was the only one who actually cared about her well-being since her move out.

"i'll be fine," she assured him.

jongmin pressed his lips into a thin line before scanning the bowl. "if that's what you say,"

after making her bowl of spicy ramen, she headed outside and took a seat. she tore her wooden chopstick in half and twisted open her apple juice to prepare herself for hell on earth.

finally, she took a big bite of ramen. she was savoring the food slowly when suddenly the pain appeared/crept on her tongue and down her throat. truthfully, it was hard for mingi to enjoy the ramen but spiciness is her guilty pleasure.

as she was fanning her tongue, a small silhouette of a man in a padded jacket approached her. mingi eyed him up and down, in case he was a pervert.

"is.. is that ramen?" he carefully asked. he was holding his stomach while looking at her attentively.

"y-yeah, i guess," mingi stuttered. honestly, she was taken aback when a beggar, probably, suddenly approached her. she didn't know what to do. "u-uh, want some?" mingi offered before regretting because she hated sharing especially food.

the man nodded gleefully before taking a seat in front mingi. he put out both of his hands politely before receiving the ramen.

he scooped a small bite before munching on them slowly. that was when he realized he was eating the spicy ramen. out of the blue, he jolted up from his seat and started making some weird exercise routine.

seeing him like that worries mingi. "are you okay? is it too spicy? i'm so sorry for not informing you earlier," she said quickly.

"n-no, i-i'm o-okay," the man said while doing jumping jack. he stuck out his tongue like a puppy before running in the same place.

mingi was clueless as she was not sure how to help him to ease the pain from spiciness so she just stared at him. some people who walked by also stared at him so she felt kind of embarrassed.

after a while, he finally calmed down. he grinned cutely at mingi. "i'm sorry for earlier,"

"no, it's fine! i'm the one who should apologize," mingi reassured, telling him it was fine. "what's your name, anyway?" she started.

"i'm woo jinyoung," he said clearly. he emphasized the word 'woo' and it looked really cute as his lips pouted.

mingi unknowingly smiled like a mother who adores her child too much because of his adorableness. she took out her hand for a handshake and he received it. "i'm park mingi,"

"do you need money to buy food? i can give you some," she offered. "i can even give some if you need to rent a place to stay,"

jinyoung tilted his head, pouting. "eh? i already have a place to stay though," he said. "do i look like a beggar?" he asked.

"you're not? i mean, i'm not saying you look like one but, you're not?" mingi asked, genuinely confused.

jinyoung scratched his head. "i probably look like beggar," he said to himself. he scanned his outfit and started judging everything he was wearing, making mingi felt bad.

"u-uh, i didn't mean to say that, sorry," mingi apologized.

he looked up. "i'm woo jinyoung from hf music company. i probably looked like a beggar but actually, i'm a trainee who strives to be a great idol and musician. i asked for some ramen because i don't have money but i stay in a dorm with my eight trainee friends. i like to rap. wanna hear some?" he paused.

mingi stared at him before going back to the reality. "o-oh yeah, sure!" that was random.

*cues jinyoung's intro from 'who you' performance with 'WOO JINYOUNG MICHEOTJI'*

"wow..." was the only thing that escaped from mingi's mouth after listening to his raps.

on the other hand, jinyoung was shyly rubbing the back of his neck after receiving a somewhat compliment from a stranger. "how was it?"

"that was insanely good! i hope your debut is successful!" mingi beamed. listening to that, jinyoung felt proud of himself.

the night continued with mingi and jinyoung conversing and getting to know each other. they were talking about hardships as a trainee and as a normal people. though they couldn't relate to each other, they could still understand their struggle.

after a quite long hours of chatting, it was finally time to part away. jinyoung had to continue practicing and mingi had to sleep for tomorrow's schedule.

"it was great talking to you, jinyoung," said mingi as she grinned. she never knew it would be fun opening up about herself to strangers. she also spilled some secrets about herself that even her friends don't know.

"yeah, i had fun. it's such a pity because i want to chat more!" jinyoung whined cutely, making mingi chuckled.

"we'll meet again soon," mingi assured. she was about to wave a goodbye before he spoke up again.

"ah, right! i need to bring my hyung home too," jinyoung said before walking into the convenience store while mingi waited for him.

it surprised her when jinyoung was walking out with the albeit worker, jongmin.

"you guys knew each other?" asked mingi.

"yeah, jongmin hyung is our main vocal," stated jinyoung. jongmin, on the other hand, was shyly agreeing to whatever the younger one said. "wanna hear him sing?"

"maybe some other time, okay?" said mingi, calming the excited jinyoung as she still needs her beauty sleep. "i'm sure he's an amazing one,"

jinyoung reluctantly agreed. "um, okay. it was great meeting you!"

"great meeting you too and jongmin, can't wait to hear you on stage!" said mingi before parting away.

hf music company, woo jinyoung and lee jongmin. you'll make it big soon.

; ohmygod new short story! finally!!
iM A HNB TRASH AND JINYOUNG
IS MY BIAS WHILE THE REST
ARE MY BIAS WRECKERS
anyone else loves hnb also??? c: