Chapter 3

Falconkit (Falconbelly) is on the side picture.

The four cats were chosen to go around the territory. Sparrow from Oceanclan, Amber from Heatherclan, Claw from Stormclan, and Jay from Earthclan. Endless and Sandy where to show the Leaders where the pool was to get their nine lives.

Willowpetal curled herself around her kits. Flamefang padded in. "I'm glad your here with me right now." he meowed, rubbing up against her. Willowpetal purred and sat up.

"I'm glad your here with me, too." she meowed. Amberkit stared up at her after having woke up, before showing tiny white teeth in a giant yawn that shook her whole tiny ginger body. 

Scarlet padded into the den with a vole. "Here." she meowed, dropping it on the ground. "Part of the new rule. Elders and Queens must be fed first." she smiled and glanced at Flame. "That doesn't include you." she flicked her tail and padded out of the make-shift den.

Willow took the vole and ate half of it, giving the other half to Flame. "Here." she meowed. "I don't need all of it." she purred as Falconkit woke up and prodded at it with a paw. "No playing with your food, Falcon.. kit." she meowed. She was still getting used to the whole 'kit' thing after the names. As soon as the leader got back, he would name everybody, and the deputy. Until then, only the kits and paws were to be called kits and paws, so everybody could get used to it.

Flame shook his head. "No, you finish it." he meowed. "You need it for your kits. We are going to have nice, healthy kits in this new area." 

All the clans had parted now. They wanted to start getting used to everything, including being apart from eachother. They could still talk and visit, but they had to know that they were in their clans this time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Near the end of the day, the leaders came back with the medicine cats. Each leader went to their clan and stood on top of something.

"Cats of Oceanclan!" Silver meowed. "Please gather here with me!"

Willow stood up and slinked out of the den, sitting at the entrance. She watched Silver..star. She looked different.

"You will call me by Silverstar now." she meowed in a purr. "I am going to assign the deputy, and the apprentice a mentor. I am also going to give you all your names."  she looked at Sandy, the medicine cat. "Sandy." she meowed. "From this day forwards, you will be known as Sandydust. Starclan accepts you as a part of Oceanclan as our new medicine cat. Welcome." she dipped her head, Sandydust returning the favour.

Her eyes moved on to Flame. "Flame." she meowed. "You are a loyal warrior, and I expect big things from you. You will be known as Flamefang..." her voice slowly came down and she stared off into space. All the cats looked at her in shock. Was she... okay? She snapped back to the present.

"Flamefang, you will also be Oceanclan's new deputy."

Flamefang looked shocked. "Me? Deputy? Thank you! I promise to do everything I can to help my clan." he meowed to the rest of the cats. He winked at Willow. Willow purred.

Silverstar moved her eyes over everybody. "When Sparrow comes back, he will be known as Sparrowfrost." she meowed She looked at Scarlet. "Scarlet, you will be known as Scarletslash." she meowed. 

The newly named Scarletslash closed her eyes and dipped her head, opening them and looking up again.

Silverstar looked at Savannah. "Savannahpaw, your mentor will be Flamefang, since he is the best for you." she meoed. Savannah widened her eyes and nodded. "I won't let you down, Flamefang!" she meowed.