malec wedding

The institute was under warning of an attack from demons far powerful than any others that have attacked before. Shadowhunters and downworlders alike were running rampant​ trying to reenforce the wards and protect the barriers. As much as they didn't get along, Alec's negotiations were beginning to have an effect on the way they treated each other. Downworlders were now willing to help as long as the Shadowhunters helped protect them in time of need. Needless to say, Magnus was very proud of his boyfriend. High warlock of Brooklyn and the head of the New York institute, now that's a power couple.

Magnus was alongside Alec as he raced around giving demands. He would occasionally offer advice or answer questions whenever Alec was busy. Alec had wanted him to be the official downworlders advisor, but he had refused. All he wanted was to help, not claim a title. Even as his boyfriend was extremely powerful and dangerous, Alec understood that he was a gentle man underneath his rough past and cat eyes, so he let him do as he pleased.

"Alec please take a breath. You're going to run out of air if you don't slow down."

"Magnus, we're going to be attacked soon-"

"Not for another two days. They aren't even on their way yet. Our scouts see that they're still strategizing on how to get past our barriers. We'll be okay." Magnus placed a hand on his shoulder and looked into his worried eyes. Alec sighed, he knew Magnus was right.

"But I can't help but get the feeling that they're right on top of us and we can't see it," Alec took a deep breath. "I'm scared," he whispered. Magnus was the only one he would ever admit he was scared to. Ever since he though he died after Valentine's massacre, he was completely open about his hidden feelings.

Magnus pulled him into a tight embrace. "I know Alexander, but fretting will do nothing about it. How about we just sit and have a cup of tea while the others do what they need to. You've done enough, darling."

Alec was against the idea at first but then relaxed into magnus' arms. He didn't realize how tired he was until now.

"Okay but only for a minute. I have a duty to fulfill." Magnus let out a chuckle.

"Of course you do dear. Now let's go," Magnus said with a smile as he led Alec by the hand to his office.

Once they were in the office, Alec slumped on the couch and closed his eyes. Magnus walked and sat down next to him, placing Alec's head in his lap.

"I knew you were tired my love. Get some rest. I'll wake you if anything happens." Magnus ran his fingers through Alec's hair as he mumbled something about responsibility and dosed off.

2 hours later Alec finally opened his eyes and found Magnus staring lovingly at him.

"Good morning sleeping beauty. How was your nap?" Magnus asked with a smile.

"Uneventful. I really shouldn't have done that. It was unprofessional," Alec complained as he sat up. Magnus leaned over and kissed him.

"But you're so cute when you sleep." They stared at each other for a moment before Alec suddenly took in a deep breath.

"Wait," he said. "I remember what my dream was about."

"What was it dear? You look like you've seen a ghost."

"I feel like I am right now." Alec took a deep breath before continuing, "In my dream you died."

"My God Alexander. Why would you dream such a thing?" Magnus looked worried.

"I don't know. It was after the demon attack. You ran in front of me as a demon was attacking. You saved me but he killed you. That's when I woke up." Magnus hugged Alec again tightly.