Fancy

Prompt: I'm all about spreading the love to Broody McBroody Pants. So if you still have a spot, how about a BrucexReader and the sentence "Fancy meeting you here." Have fun with it. And it can totes be angsty if you feel the need lol Thanks so much dear! By @hey-haylee

Bruce sighed as he took a long sip of champagne. Despite the years of attending charity galas and high society events, he always reached a point during the night where it was extremely hard to pretend he was enjoying himself.

In the past, he had used his children as an excuse to leave out early, but this was an event for his own company and he needed to see things through to the end. He smiled and excused himself from a conversation he no longer knew the topic for. He slipped out onto the balcony to get some fresh air.

Once outside, he noticed a woman sitting on a bench nearby. He smirked as he approached her.

"Fancy meeting you here." He greeted as he sat down. "I see I am not the only one who needed to escape the crowd."

The woman's eyes were dancing with laughter as she turned to look at him. "It was a bit stuffy in there, so I came out here to be alone."

"I can see why. A lovely lady like you must have flocks of admirers following her around." Bruce teased gently.

"Yeah, but my husband doesn't let them get too close." Y/N said with a small smile.

"Your husband?" Bruce exclaimed. "Who is the lucky devil who managed to get you to marry him?"

Y/N threw her head back and laughed. "I'm sorry, Bruce, but I couldn't do it anymore." She giggled.

He chuckled as he played with her wedding ring. "That's fine with me. I'd much rather not have to contend with the imaginary husband of my very real, very beautiful wife."

"You're incorrigible." Y/N huffed as she watched him kiss the back of her hand.

"And yet you married me anyways." He said softly. "I would love to sit out here and watch the stars with you, but we should get back inside before one of our children gets into mischief."

Y/N sighed as she stood up. Bruce offered her his arm before leading her inside. Maybe this night wasn't as unbearable as he had originally thought.