4 - The Elite Five

Recap

After a moment of silence she said, "At this point we are at the top 5 students in the Elite Ten Council. These are students who will without a doubt, make it far. They have achieved more than many students in the past, today, and in the future."

Silence.

"Fifth Seat."

~~~

"Nakiri Erina."

Silence before...

"It's Erina-sama!"

"The God Tongue is the Fifth Seat of the Elite Ten!"

"As expected, Erina-sama!"

A girl with long hair stood up. A smirk was present on her face as she confidently walked forward.

"Awwww! Erina got the fifth seat?!"

"Calm down, milady."

"Geez, you never support me!"

"I always have and I always will, milady."

Nakoni walked to Erina.

"Hello, Erina."

"H-hello, Nakoni-sama."

"I haven't seen you in a while."

"Likewise."

"You wanna eat my cooking again?"

"Y-yes..."

"Ok." Nakoni chuckled.

"Nakoni-sama?"

"Yes?"

"What i-it's nothing, nevermind."

Nakoni raised an eyebrow. "Very well."

Silence filled the area once more. "Fourth Seat."

"Yukihira Souma."

A silence longer than Erina's occurred.

"Wait a minute..."

"Isn't that..."

"It's the transfer student!"

"The transfer student got a higher seat than Erina-sama?"

"How?!"

A guy with fiery red hair and yellow eyes stood up and made his way to the stage. All eyes were staring at him; eyes of surprise, eyes of anger.

Nakoni glanced to the side, seeing all the other new Elite Ten members surprised. Takumi was the first to talk, yelling, "I will make even with you, Yukihira! I promise!"

"How interesting." Shun said quietly.

As Nakoni made her way to Souma, she started thinking. Those who couldn't see the pattern are not going to graduate. Half of these people will be expelled by winter. If they can't see it already the pattern in this council is that all but one of them are rebels. It's funny how the rebels are the ones who always take the top spot, isn't it?