Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Ivan’s POV

Blake still had another two weeks to go for his finals and to be honest, even though he went on an early honeymoon NOT studying two months ago I knew he would score well. He always did.

It was Saturday morning and now he was eating cereal while eating while watching the television. He was in his white t-shirt and loose black sweatpants and dark navy framed glasses. His eyesight seemed to gotten a little worst now and he had been wearing his glasses and contacts on and off. But mostly glasses because he claimed Clyde somewhat had a fetish for him wearing them.

That pervert.

Blake had also opened an online shop where he sold his photos of nature. He had quite a modest customers and he was quite well off but not enough to live on itself. I still supported him though because that was what family did and I didn’t mind spending things on him. He was still my baby brother.

I grabbed my own bowl of cereal and sat next to him watching what seemed to be a show about people building tree houses. No wonder he was glued to it because it involved trees.

“Are you going anywhere later today?” he suddenly asked, turning to look at me. I thought for a moment. I still had work at the university but it wasn’t compulsory for me to go. I decided to not to go. I shook my head. “Don’t think so,” as I ate another spoonful.

“Is Gavin coming?” he asked suddenly. What about him? “No. He didn’t say an—“

As if right on cue, someone pressed the door bell and I literally jerked in surprise. Blake got up and went to the door. “Hey, Gav!” His voice chirped and the name grabbed my attention as I hurried to get up as well.

I walked around the couch and saw Gavin in white shirt and dark green jacket with black denim standing at the door waving at me like a child. “Uhh…did we have an appointment?” I asked awkwardly, trying to fix my hair unconsciously. I was wearing a plain white tee and grey shorts.

Blake rolled his eyes before glaring at me. “The word you’re looking for is date, Ivan. Not appointment,” he corrected. Gavin smiled and shook his head.

“No. I just wanted to surprise you. Are you free?” he asked, still not going inside.

“Of course he is,” Blake said and pulled him inside. “Are you taking my brother out?” he stood in front of Gavin with his hands on his hips. I chuckled silently. But Gavin answered him honestly.

“Well, yes. If he doesn’t mind of course,” he replied and glanced up me, with puppy eyes.

He did not just…

I raised my hands in surrender. “Give me half an hour,” I told him. He nodded his head eagerly.

Gavin’s POV

“So how was your honeymoon?” I asked Blake as soon as I settled myself on the couch. He continued to eat what seemed to be cereal and shrugged. “It was fun,” he said with a hidden smile. I noticed he was eyeing his engagement ring on his left hand.

“Did Clyde really propose to you? It just seems so unreal,” I admitted as I leaned back. He chuckled and began to rub the ring affectionately. “He really did. It took me off guard too. But I knew it was a right thing to do. We got this ring at a flea market right after. It’s cheap and simple but I like it,” he replied, now sitting cross legged next to me.

“However, he hasn’t told me about why he was that way. Why he always changes partners. Do you know anything about it?” he suddenly asked. I turned to look at him and his face was serious. To not know about it would be a lie but it wasn’t in my place to tell him. Blake had to ask Clyde himself.