Chapter One

"So, I heard-" Jessica Stanley began saying but was rudely cut off by Bella Swan.

"Uh oh, Gossip Queen is here" Bella joked

"Very funny, Bella" Jess rolled her eyes. "As I was saying before I got rudely interrupted" She shoots Bella a glare to which Bella replied with a shrug. "I heard we're getting a new student tomorrow."

"Ooo exciting! Do you know what gender it is yet? Where they're from? Whey they live? Come on I need to know!" Bella faked the excitement and bounced on the balls of her feet making everyone in the group laugh and Jess to blush in embarrassment. "Jess it's no big deal, schools get new students all the time"

"I don't know any of that stuff yet I only told today" Jess ducks her head blushing. "Stop making fun of me! Besides, other schools might get new students but this one doesn't. Our last new student was you Bella and well...you're not new anymore"

"And that's strange because...?" Bella asked as the bell rang for the first period. 

"Because all of a sudden we're popular and getting new students!" Angela stated like it was obvious. "We need something new to talk about since you're no longer new and well the Cullen's are gone so we can't even gossip about them"

It's been a year since the Cullen's left and it's been the best thing that ever happened to Bella Swan. Sure it hurt her, at first but then she realised how much they used her and that made her feel ridiculous. So she decided to grow up, grow a backbone and change from the weak person she used to be. She's now the high school sweetheart who everyone loves, everyone wants to be her and her style has completely changed. People come to her and ask her for fashion advice, she's sort of the Queen of the school much to Lauran's dismay. 

"Since when did you gossip Angela?" Bella asks as they walked to math

"I need something to do sometimes Bella" Angela smiled. "I'm only human so of course I get in with the gossip too"

"She's just as bad as me," Jessica told Bella. "Anyway, let's get back to the new student. Who do you think it is?"

Eric and Mike joined the group then and caught the last of Jessica's sentence. Mike spoke up. "I just hope it's not some stuck up player"

"Why? Afraid he'll get all the girls and you won't?" Teased Bella

Mike stammered and put his arm around Jess. "No...I have my girl right here and that's all I need"

"Smooth" Bella laughed and stood outside of her math room. The door was locked which meant Mr Rouse wasn't here yet. She stared off into space as she thought about the new student and suddenly, she felt sick to her stomach. "Guys I just had a sickening thought" They all looked at her. "What if it's the Cullen's?"

Her friends glanced at one another making Bella's sickening feeling grow, she placed her hand on her stomach and fought the urge to throw up. The thought of them returning and trying to get back into her life made her angry. She didn't want anything to do with them, she was finally over them. 

Angela placed her hand on Bella's shoulder in a friendly way. "I doubt it will be them. I'm pretty sure they left for good so you don't need to worry"

"Angela's right Bells" Eric spoke up. "They won't return. They know they'll have to face us" He tensed his arms where his muscles were meant to be and everyone laughed. 

"Oh great, we're doomed" Jessica rolled her eyes in a joking way. "Besides its only one student that's coming. Not students"

Bella nodded and took a deep breath. "You're right. They won't return and I never have to see them again"

They spotted Mr Rouse walking down the hall getting some laughs from the other students. Mr Rouse was in his 50's, wasn't the thinnest and talked quite slow, but that was no reason for students to pick on him. Bella felt sorry for him, he only wanted to do his job. 

"Besides" Jessica interrupted Bella's thoughts. "If they saw you I'm pretty sure they'd have a heart attack. You've changed so much especially your style. Like today, your outfit is something I'd never be seen in it's that gorgeous. And I certainly wouldn't wear it for school"

Bella looked down at her outfit. (pic attached). "I bought it so I'm going to wear it"

Mr Rouse finally reached the classroom and unlocked the door painfully slow. Whilst they were waiting, Bella took this time to look in the main office which was right across the hall and spotted someone she didn't recognise stood talking to Mrs Cope. All she saw was the back of his head but one thing she did notice, was his hair. It was as black as coal, as black as the night sky and all she wanted to do was run her fingers through it. It looked so fluffy. 

"Jess" She caught Jess's arm before she walked into the classroom. "I thought you said the new student was coming tomorrow?"

Jess looked confused before she followed her train of sight and her eyes winded. "That's what I got told"

"I wish I could see his face. All I see is back" Pouted Angela.

"A hot back," Bella said her eyes scanning over his back. And a pretty nice ass too. She thought. 

The girls giggled and went into the classroom ready to endure the hour and half of maths that they now had. But Bella couldn't concentrate, her mind was on the new student and how mysterious he seemed.