How it all Started

It had all started as a plan. A plan that two marauder's had made. Two marauder's that forgot it takes all five of us for any plan to go smoothly. Prongs and I had decided to fake date for a while. The plan was to pretend we were in a relationship and make Lily and Sirius jealous. It was an idea that he had gotten while drunk one night after a party and I had only agreed so that he would shut up. In the morning, he still claimed that it was a "brilliant" idea. After nearly two hours of non stop nagging and explanations as to why this would work, I finally gave in.

"Okay, so how long are we gonna have to do this?" I asked him. We were sitting on his bed in the marauder's dorm, discussing our plan.

"Depends on how long it takes for them to get so jealous that they can't take it anymore."

"Okay, this still doesn't seem realistic. What if they don't get jealous? Sirius doesn't actually like me and I doubt dating another guy will make him jealous when he has a line up of girls wanting to date him."

Somehow, James convinced that this was a good idea (it wasn't) and that it would give both of our stories a happy ending (it didn't). And yet for some reason, despite the voice in the back of mind telling me these things, I went with it. James and I planned on telling the marauders and a few of my friends (including Lily) that we were dating. I was fucking scared. I had seen angry Lily before and I had no interest in finding out if she was the type of person who got angry when she was jealous, nor did I want to be on the receiving end of that anger.

The morning after we had made our plan, I walked into the great hall for breakfast to see all the marauders look up immediately and then proceed to stare at me with mixed expressions of confusion, shock and disbelief. All of them excluding James, who had a proud smile on his face, clearly happy with their reaction. I approached the table almost cautiously. He had clearly told them, meaning there was no going back now. I sat down next to my 'boyfriend' and he immediately put his arm around my waist. The gesture would have actually been pretty normal. I was very close to all of them and it wasn't unusual for one of them to have their arm around my waist or shoulder or holding my hand. But after our surprising news, the other boys strared at James' arm as though it was a massive invasion of my personal space.

"Morning." I said, "Is everything alright?"

Sirius cleared his threat and looked at me instead of James, "Um, yeah. Just surprised is all."

"Oh. So James told you then?"

"So it's true?" Peter asked.

"Yeah." I nodded my head slowly. I realized I probably wasn't being very convincing at the moment, so I smiled at James and leaned into him.

"Good morning." I said to him.

"Morning, love." He smiled back.

I put my head on his shoulder and sighed.

"You tired?" He laughed.

"Only always." I said. I closed my eyes and felt a kiss being placed on the top of head.

"Why are you so tired Y/N/N?" Remus asked me.

"James and I were up all night." I answered, turning my head so that I could see him. Sirius raised an eyebrow at me, as if to suggest something.

"Talking." I clarified, narrowing my eyes at him.

I didn't speak much during the rest of breakfast. I really was very tired from spending last night coming up with this ridiculous plan. Just before the meal was finished, James asked me to meet him in the room of requirement. When I got there, he greeted me with a hug and a kiss to my cheek.