Chapter Twelve

I Still Love

"Aight, tell me what happened?" Julian asked hearing the panic in Chantel's voice. 

She sounded scared and that worried him. He was afraid someone was trying to hurt her, but whatever the reason was, he would be on the first flight home. His girlfriend or not, he would be there for her whenever.

"Someone left a package at my doorsteps. Inside they left a dead snake and a note." She told him looking out her window.

"What does the note say?" 

"It says if I can't have him no one will." Chantel read the note out loud regretting being in the house by herself.

Julian cursed under his breath. Someone was after him and the girl he cared about. He didn't know if he loved her, but in reality he didn't know what love is. Julian held a soft spot for Chantel. 

"Did you call the police?" He asked her as he walked into his room. 

"No, I figured I'd call you. This is obviously about us." Chantel stated. 

"Make sure all the doors are locked along with the windows. Don't leave the house. I should be home in a couple hours. Will your sister be home late at night?" Julian asked her. 

She shook her head no. Lately Chantel has noticed that her sister has been staying out all day and night. She didn't really care but she would like it if her sister told her about her whereabouts. 

"No. Knock four times and then I'll know it's you." Chantel said biting her lip. 

"Aye, Chantel." Julian said before she was going to hang up. 

"Yes." 

"I...nevermind." He said ending the call.

Chantel looked at the phone in curiosity. What was Julian going to say to her? 

Julian sighed. He should have just said it. Told her he loved her. But he wasn't ready mentally, his heart was ready though. And so he packed his clothes and walked to his car. A couple hours later Julian arrived at Chantel's house. 

Chantel sat in her closet with a knife to her chest. She was terrified. Earlier someone had thrown a brick at her window shattering the glass. Chantel was shaking when she heard the four knocks on the door. 

She slowly walked down the steps and opened the door. Chantel let out a sigh of relief seeing Julian. Julian took in Chantel. She looked different to him. To Julian, Chantel had lost some weight. 

She had started to look slim in the face, however she still had her pudgy stomach. Julian also noticed that she had this glow to her skin and her hair had grown. He liked what he was seeing. 

"Hurry up." Chantel told Julian pulling him inside. 

Julian was so focused on Chantel's beauty that he had forgotten why he was there. Chantel locked the door. Julian felt Chantel's fear and immediately knew something else had happened that she wasn't tell him. 

"What else happened? I'm here now. You have nothing to be scared of." Julian told her. 

Chantel messed with her finger nails and shifted her weight to her right leg. Biting her lip and looking away made her look extra guilty.  Julian lifted his left eyebrow sending Chantel a stern look. 

"A brick was thrown at my window." Chantel whispered. 

"What the fuck! You not staying here." Julian yelled clenching his jaw. 

Chantel flinched. She hated seeing Julian so angry. She could feel the anger radiating off his body. 

"Julian, calm down. Please." Chantel begged him.