A Festival For The Ages

Diane, Diane, Diane. For the love of the goddesses, how could you just leave this thing here? It's huge! Then again, I suppose that's like asking me how I misplaced a suitcase or something... If I was a normal person, I could see how it would be troublesome.

   "Alright!" I spun myself around at the tiny man in a red cape's call. Who the hell wears a red cape for clothing?! "It's time to begin the annual Vaizel Fighting Festival now! The use of weapons is strictly forbidden! Men who let their fists due the talking should sign up right away!" I rolled my eyes, "The winner's gonna get 100 gold coins, but that's not all! You'll also get this giant war hammer!" I let out a deep breath. I didn't expect to find Diane's hammer, let alone have to fight in a festival to get it back.

   I hope you appreciate this Diane, wherever you are. Man, I sure do mi-

   "Hey! Count us in!" I froze. That voice, Meliodas?

   "You can count me out!" King? I looked over to find three of the sins walking towards the sign up ...kind of. Meliodas was dragging King, but Ban seemed adamant to join. What were these three doing here? What were they doing together?

   A burly man grabbed and picked up Meliodas, choking King. He was tall with a bald head. His clothes were nothing but trousers and gloves without fingers. I felt annoyance seep into my blood. I know they didn't need my help, but nobody, nobody, touches my friends.

   "This ain't a festival for kids! Get out of here!" That's it, let's see how you feel about being beat up by a girl.

   "Sorry, I don't see what the problem is," Meliodas replied.

   "Hey there friend," Howzer pulled the man's arm down gently, "This is a festival okay? Just relax."

   "For such a supposed strong man, you sure seem worried about losing to that so called kid," I stated, walking over and pulling my hood down. Ban grinned at me.

   "Long time no see," He greeted. I cast him a smirk as a greeting.

   "Who do you-" The burly man tried to retort, "You know my name is Taizoo, right? I've been the winner of this festival for three years in a row."

   "And?" He marched off, leaving us to to relax.

   "Okay then. Man! My job has gotten in the way every year until now! Yeah! My dream of fighting here has come true at last! So, let's do this you guys," Howzer told us before leaving with a laugh. I shook my head in amusement. He hasn't changed a bit.

   "I've seen him somewhere before..." King thought out loud. He hadn't noticed me. I almost sighed before an idea popped into my head.

   "Remember me?" I asked jokingly, popping up in front of him. He jumped.

   "(Y/N)! When-? Where-?" I smirked.

   "Oh, what brings you here (Y/N)?" Meliodas questioned.

   "I heard about Diane's Gideon and decided to get it back for her." I looked over the three, "Let me guess, that's why your here too?"

   "You bet," Ban broke in. Huh. I wonder if they're with Diane too then. Where is she?

   "We'll talk later," Meliodas instructed, "The match is about to start!"

***

   "The Fighting Festival elimination round will now begin! Fighters into the ring!"

   "Hup!" Meliodas followed Ban into the ring. I hopped up myself, brushing my hair behind my ear.

   "Man, I wish I'd stayed behind with Diane." I frowned at King's comment, feeling my heart drop. Of course he'd rather be with Diane. At least now I know that Diane is with them. I wonder where she's waiting at. I shook my head slightly, swallowing my feelings and deciding to cheer King up.