Chapter 7

^^Jaxon^^

"Aww! You're such a cutie aren't you?" I cooed at Jett, who smiled back at me cutely. "Yes you are!" I carried on, tickling his sides and laughing at his baby laugh.

"How come you're so good with kids?" Bex asked, holding onto Zach as we all sat on the grassy grounds.

"I used to look after all the kids back at my old pack. I was pretty good with them, I guess." I answered back, letting Jett lay on the ground next to his brother.

"You don't find it a problem that we're all your mate's children out of wedlock?" Bex asked, and I was once again surprised at her knowledge.

I froze a little, thinking back to the training day before and the little dispute between my mate and I.

"Yeah, it bothered me a lot at the start, but I like you all." I answered carefully, avoiding looking into Bex's eyes.

"I guess I'll be calling you mum soon!" She joked as she lay down on the grass, the sun hitting her face.

I laughed lightly and also leant back, my hands carrying all my weight and my head tilted backwards.

Bex and I were sitting outside on a giant picnic blanket, both Jett and Zach sitting outside with us. We were looking after them, especially since they were both just sitting in their cot alone with no supervision.

"What are you ladies up to?" Beck teased out, carefully sitting down on the edge of the blanket.

"Hey Beck." Bex answered back, not opening her eyes to look at him.

"I heard about what happened yesterday. Sorry." He nudged my side and smiled at me sympathetically.

I just shrugged back. "It was nothing. My fault I guess for not learning how to defend myself properly."

"Hey, don't blame yourself!"

"Eh, it's also becoming I didn't want to hit her.'' I joked and we both laughed, although we both knew my true feelings about the matter.

Suddenly, a loud sound rang out through the air like a warning, and Bex and Beck sat up with bewildered looks.

"Come on Adeline, Blackstorm is pulling a sudden meeting. If you're late, he will be pissed!" Beck spoke as I looked around at the people rushing in through the entrance doors.

What was so important?

I grabbed Jett, cradling him in my arms and smiling down gently as he snuggled his head into my shoulder tiredly. I stood up with him in my arms along with Beck and Bex, who was also carrying Zach.

I followed Beck who was guiding me with a hand on my back, and even though I wasn't on the best terms with my own mate, I still felt a little unsettled with another man touching me, even if it was somewhere as innocent as my back.

"Luna." A random man holding a pretty woman's arm said respectfully, nodding his head and avoiding my eyes for about two seconds before going back up.

Including the fact that I wasn't even the Luna yet and I with what happened yesterday, I'm surprised that anyone, let alone a man, would bow his head down at me and call me Luna.

I smiled back at him and the woman politely, noticing a small pregnant bump on her. But with the way the man was standing around her, they were obviously mates.

At least one couple were happy together.

I walked into the main hall with the crowd, my eyes instantly seeing my mate standing on the big stage alone, his eyes wondering around the people, looking for someone. My head ducked down and my cheeks inflamed when my eyes connected with his, realising that he was actually searching for me.