au

As I introduced him to everyone, he seemed distant. He would say hello in a quiet voice and barely look up to anyone. I guess it still bothers him that he can't remember anything before we met him. Well of course it does, Aphmau. Wow, sometimes I can be such an airhead.

We were at the gate of the village, looking out at the old one. We stood in a comfortable silence that no one would have wanted to break. He leaned on one side of the gate in deep thought. I stood reminiscing of, well I suppose 15 years ago. All those nights where we would have supper with most of the village. The boys, Malichi and Levin still at a young age, laughing and having fun. The adults that sat around the table enjoying the time they spent together. Of course there was the bad memories but I believe that for every bad memory there is two more good ones.

I looked to the man across from me. Am I a bad person to be reminiscing of my memories? Longing to have at least some part of those times back, when there is a man right next to me wishing he could remember anything? His name, friends, or perhaps family?

A part of me says I'm not, but another wishes I was.

"I don't mean to break the silence here, but can we keep moving?" He said, attempting to smile. I smile softly and nod. I start walking to the old village, him following behind at a decent pace. We walk for a little while until we come up to the first houses along the old village.

"This is where most of Pheniox Drop used to live. It was pretty big back then, " I said. I pointed out to some of the deteriorating houses of which I knew. He put his one hand in his pocket, the other making it's way through his hair. He seemed to do that a lot, especially when he was nervous.

I thought hard as to what would cheer him up, even if it would give him a twinge of happiness. Oh! I know just what to do.

"Hey," I said, attempting not to ooze my excitement out into the air, "There is a place where it is absolutely beautiful. It's a bit of a walk, if you dont mind." He shook his head, "No, it's alright."

I smiled softly and brought him to the hill. We slowly walked to the Irene statue that sat just above it. Out of it poured a waterfall to the waters below the cliff. The trees rustled with a sense of serenity and our feet padded softly on the ground.

"This place is...," I started, but couldn't find the right word for its beauty.

"Perfect," his eyes were glossy. He took a shakey breath out and went to wipe his eyes, "I'm sorry I seem like such a cry baby. I'm usually not like this."

His eyes widened at his words. He mouthed the last statement and brought his hands together to clench them to together. I see his distress and slowly touch his hand closest to mine. I softly grab it out of his other and put my other hand on his. I hold his hand strong but comfortingly.

"I swear I will do everything to help you get your memories back and if you cry along the way, there is no shame in doing so. You can be strong and cry and the same time."

My words seemed to strike a chord with him as his face scrunched up in an emotion close to pain. He breathed in slowly, then let it all out. He was trying not to cry since he woke, I'm assuming. His sobs were loud, a sword that swung through the once calm and peaceful air. The sobs told a story that held much emotion that I couldn't quite place. At the moment though, I didn't really care. We sat for what felt like a few minutes, at the most 20 minutes.

(Where I decided, "I can't remember the Aphmau Plot, guess I'll just put my own spin on it. Hopefully there is no crush and burn here.")

A boat suddenly appeared on the horizon. I had assumed it were Malachi getting back from his trip but he wasn't supposed to be back for another two days. Unless something happened?

The man's eyes had dried up but they were still red and puffy. He saw my gaze look towards the boat and he stood up slowly.

"I, uh, guess I will just take some time to myself before I go back to the village," he said as he walked away. I watched him disappear into the trees. I sighed with sadness. I surely do hope that he won't bottle his emotions up as much anymore. Although he did look as if he wanted to forget about what had happened. I pushed myself up from the ground and looked out towards the sea to find the boat is near the dock. I slowly walk back to the village. By the time I get there the occupants on the boat should be settled. When I am at the village I walk up to the tree and continue to go to the top. When I get there Laurence is there with Vlyad. Kaitlyn, Garroth, Travis, Dante, and Lucinda are also there. Although it isn't a very pretty sight. Laurence is in shadow knight mode, holding the man, who I was with only minutes ago, by his throat to the tree's center. The rest are trying to calm Laurence down but Vlyad seems to be put on the defensive.

"Laurence stop!" I storm in beside them. They are all surprised with my appearance and Kaitlyn pulls me back.

"Aphmau please stay away from them," she says.

"What, why?"

Laurence grimaces, "He has Nether energy radiating off of him, it's almost unbearable." The man although is in pain, from being chocked and all.

"I...have no idea what you're... talking about," the grunts out. Laurence pushes harder and I scream at him to stop. Just as Laurence looks at me, the man knees him in the stomach. He then takes Laurence's arm and puts it behind his back. Then he puts a foot against Laurence's back and pushes him to the other side of the room. This happened in a matter of 3 seconds, I had barely saw it. The man was suprised at himself, his breathing hard and ragged as if he were the one that was beaten. Vlyad and Dante were helping Laurence up as the others were just suprised and on guard. Garroth and Kaitlyn moved to stand in front of me. The man looked to me, eyes wide.

"I..I'm so very sorry, I don't know what I just did," he stammered.

"Well you better come up with a good explanation because you just bested a very good knight and friend of ours with your bare hands," Kaitlyn spoke, angry about the situation.

"What did you do?" Lucinda said, her voice barely above a whisper.

"I, I dont know. It was just a natural reaction, I swear!"

"A natural reaction? What do you do that attacking a friend is natural?" Garroth spoke. The man held his head, in sudden pain. He sunk to the ground on his knees. He grunted in pain.

"I dont know why but I'm used to others betraying me! They tear me down and say I'm no good for anything!" I and everyone else was shocked. What happened to him?

"I know that's not a good reason to attack you, and I'm very sorry I did. It was agut reaction. I feel these feelings about these people who are so blurry and I dont know their names or how they act to me. Some of them look at me in fear others in anger. I just wish I knew the whole story!" He yelled. He grunted in pain and leaned against the tree.

"Its okay, I forgive you. You did something bad but you saw your mistake and tried to fix it," I said. He closed his eyes, scrunching them together.

"Thank you so much Aphmau, thank you," he spoke so sincerely.

"Your welcome."

"Preston," he said.

"What?" Travis spoke in his Travis way. Kaitlyn bonked him on the head.

"My name, I remember now, it's Preston," he spoke excitedly, a spark in his eyes.

"It's nice to meet you, Preston," I smiled.