Chapter Six

Jo got home after an another school day and fell down on bed, cellphone in her hand. She sighed and turned over, thinking about what happened that day. As Jo fiddled with the cellphone, she decided to text David.

parkypark: hey

She felt her phone buzz in her hands, meaning that he had just texted her back.

DavidJones: Jo?
parkypark: yo dave
/DavidJones read 20 seconds ago/
parkypark: uh
/DavidJones read 20 seconds ago/
parkypark: shit im sorry i forgot you hated being called dave
/DavidJones read 20 seconds ago/
parkypark: DAVID
DavidJones: What?
parkypark: sorry
parkypark: sam invited me to hang out with her and a bunch of friends this evening at the beach
DavidJones: And?
parkypark: you think i should go
DavidJones: Oh? Well, I don't know. Do you still want to be friends with her?
parkypark: not really. tho i can't refuse
DavidJones: Oh?
parkypark: im a fucking softie, david
DavidJones: ...
parkypark: anyways, fuck this. meet you at the bus stop at 10
DavidJones: Are you going?
parkypark: nah man
parkypark: we both are going
DavidJones: Huh?
/parkypark read 10 seconds ago/

David put his phone on the table and sighed. Does she really mean she wants to hang out with him? Or maybe she just takes him there because she doesn't want to seem awkward in front of her old friend? He rubbed his eyes and took off his school blouse, deciding to change. He stretched for a bit and headed to his closet to pick something to wear. For a second David stood in front of his mirror, looking at his skinny stature and slightly visible ribs. He put on a white Beatles shirt and searched for a jean jacket to put on later. David went to the kitchen and took out something to eat from since his parents weren't home that day. He phone called his mother, telling that he goes over to study at Jo's place so she wouldn't worry too much. He got over to his record player in the living room and put on Little Richard to spend his time before he goes out.

Jo jumped out of her bed and quickly put on some music. She searched for some tunes on her laptop, deciding to play the Rolling Stones album called Tattoo You. She then decided to wear a striped shirt and some black ripped jeans. The jeans weren't the ones from some edgy teen clothing store, she really did ACCIDENTALLY rip them at the ankles herself. She put on the clothes and brushed her short, black hair for a bit, staring at her reflection in the mirror. She remembered how Sam used to sometimes paint some strands of her hair different colors like blue, green or pink. Jo shook her head and decided to go and get something at the grocery store, so she reached her money and cellphone, got downstairs.
"Joanne?" She heard a voice from the kitchen. It was her mother who just got back home from her work.
"Yeah, it's me, obviously," she sarcastically replied brushing her hair back. "I'm going out today again so don't expect me early."
"Alright, but-" Her mother wanted to say something, but Jo already rushed out of the door. She stopped to put on her old jean jacket with patches she got from her father and to plug her earbuds in. At a slow pace, she got to the grocery store and picked some junk food and a couple cans of soda while spending some more time there just looking around 'til it was finally 10 pm.

//timeskip to 10 because i am a lazy ass//

David rushed over to the bus station while pulling his jean jacket on. He didn't notice how fast time flew when he listened to music and did his chores while waiting until 10 pm. Fortunately enough, the bus stop was close enough to where he lived so he got to it just in time.
"Hey!" Jo grinned, grabbing David by his shoulder.
David shuddered a little from the sudden touching as he noticed the girl behind him. "Oh, h-hi!" He blushed a little, looking at Jo with a smile. "How long have you been standing there?"
"Not that long." Jo shrugged. "Woah, look!"
"What?" David sounded like he was scared from the sudden excitement in Jo's voice.
"We are both wearing jean jackets!" Jo laughed, poking her friend's shoulder. "Bros!"
"Oh, r-right." David softly laughed, rubbing at his shoulder. "So where are we going?"
"To the woods!" Jo grinned, grabbing his hand. "Let's go!"
David looked around as it was already noticeably getting dark. "What?! I thought we were going on a bus or something!"
"Dude, it's not that far." Joanne rolled her eyes. "Besides, what can possibly happen to you with me by my side?" She laughed, punching him playfully. "You know me, right."
"Oh, y-yeah, okay..." Jones murmured, looking down as he was being led by Jo towards their destination.

//author's note:
GUESS WHO DECIDED TO FINISH THIS CHAPTER?? anyways hello, my name is paul and i hate myself for abandoning this fic! don't expect frequent updates but i am definitely going to write stuff when i am in the mood for it.//