Chapter 17: The Cold Shoulder

As Caitlin stirred awake, she made a small glance around noticing where she was right away, she suddenly began to be panicky and quickly stood up.  Glancing out the pipeline glass she noticed the Star labs gang was there watching her with worry.  She suddenly slammed her fists against the glass window even though she knew that wouldn't break it.  "Let me out of here!"  Vibe closed his eyes slightly as he listened in on the conversation.  "I'm afraid I can't do that."  He said in a cold voice.  Caitlin turned her head quickly towards Vibe and glared at him.  "You're the one who should be locked up in this pipeline!  Not me!  You're the one who's dangerous!  Not me! You're the one who killed my own mother!  Not me!"  She glowered.

The others stood there not saying anything.  Too shocked to say anything at first.  Now that made more sense as to why Caitlin was acting this way.  "I had no choice!"  Vibe hissed back.  "You know what Zoom is like.  He was going to kill you if I didn't kill you or her.  I had already lost Killer Frost, I wasn't about going to lose Caitlin Snow!" 

Barry glanced at Cisco and Joe.  "Should..  We go?  Or?..."  He said quietly.  The other two didn't say anything but just shrugged.  "What do you want with me!  You got what you wanted, me turned into her right?  That is why you wanted to help Zoom?  Because you lost Killer Frost on your earth, so you hoped that if Zoom succeeded in turning me into her..  You'd get her back?  Well I'm not her!  I was doing just fine until you two ruined my life!  You can tell Zoom?  That he is going to have to kill me first before he gets a hold of me.."  After her little banter, it was then that Caitlin suddenly seemed to notice the others were there.  "You can let me out now Barry, I am feeling loads better."

Barry took a deep breath. "I am afraid I can't do that Caitlin.."  Caitlin's eyes flickered to blue momentarily glaring at Barry, Cisco and Joe, letting her fists bang against the glass again.  She was ready to say something but then calmed down a bit before turning towards Cisco of earth one and giving him a small smirk.  "What do you say love..  I know you will help get me out of here.."  Cisco took a deep breath watching her, not liking to see Caitlin as she was.  He didn't like seeing her locked up anymore than the others did.  But they agreed it was best.  "It is for your own safety..  And others, till we figure out a way to get you to control your powers."

"Well then..  Tell me whatever I need to do to get them controlled and I will.."  "You're still her, I can't do that." Barry said again.  Caitlin let her fists pound against the glass again.  "I'm not her!  You know me! We've worked together the past two years!"  She watched as the three of them including Vibe turned around to begin to turn and walk away.  "So much for a team.  Cisco.. Come on..  If you cared about me at all..."  She pleaded.  This made Cisco stall momentarily and took a deep breath closing his eyes before glancing back at Barry and Joe.  "Are you sure we can't let her go?  It is worse keeping her locked up.  I think if we let her go, and tried to start helping her.."  Vibe held up his hand.  "No..  Not until we figure things out.."  Cisco gave Vibe a small glare.  "You aren't a part of this.  Why are you even here?  This is between me, Barry and Joe.." 

Vibe gave him a smirk.  "I would be careful Francisco.  I could be of great use to your team.  After all.  I have worked with Zoom.  I know is every plan and move.  I could help you guys stop him.."  "And why would we trust you?" Cisco asked continuing to keep an eye on his doppleganger.  "How do we know you're not still on his side?  And you're going to run to him with our plans as soon as you figure them out?"  Vibe let out a small laugh.  "You're smart kid..  Those others..  Fake Wells...  Zoom.. They've got you lot soooo paranoid..  What if I were to say..  I know a way to defeat him..  I can see the future after all.."  "Yeah?  Then how come you haven't defeated him yourself?"  Cisco shot at him.  Vibe smirked.  "It's a shame you chose the wrong side, we could do great things together."  Cisco held up his hand to stop Vibe.  "Save it..  I've already heard the "we could be Gods speech."  Vibe rolled his eyes.  "Because even if I know things, it's still not that simple.  I tried doing everything in my power to keep from Killer Frost being killed at Zoom's hands, and Ronnie...  And I couldn't..  No matter how hard I tried to change the events.."  He shook his head at the memories.  "You have my word, I am not on Zoom's team.  I am of my own man.  I only have been pretending to be on Zoom's side so I could figure out what his plan is, and do whatever I could in my power to protect Killer Frost and from Caitlin becoming her.."  Cisco laughed.  "I thought you said you could see the future?  So shouldn't you be able to see how it's played out?  How we kill Zoom?"  He raised his eye slightly hearing Vibe talking about trying to keep Caitlin from becoming Killer Frost.  "Yeah?  And how's that going for you?  Save it Vibe.."  Vibe watched as his doppleganger, Barry and Joe made his way back up to the lab room, leaving him alone by the pipeline.