Chapter Fourteen: Superhero Life Once Again

Marinette's P.O.V.
In the middle of the night, an akuma had been released, waking Chat and I up and not letting us defeat it until morning when we had to get ready for school. Transforming back into myself on my balcony, I walked into my room and got dressed into a light gray traditional dress with black designs and black flats. Keeping my hair down, I grabbed my bag and walked downstairs with my locket showing.

Tikki was already in my purse munching away on a cookie. "Good morning dear. You look nice today." Mama smiled as I walked into the kitchen. She was in one of her new dresses that I got her. "Hi mama. That color looks good on you." I grabbed a couple cookies just in case for Tikki and an apple for myself. "Oh, thank you. You're up really early this morning. Is everything alright?" Mama looked at me.

"Yeah, I had my alarm still set at the time I was getting up at in China." I laughed. "That explains it. Well, at least you have time to get a proper breakfast now." Mama handed me some eggs and a couple pieces of toast. "Thanks mama." I smiled, sitting at the table to eat. "So, how was China? Did you like it there?" Mama sat down next to me. "I loved it. It's so beautiful." I smiled.

"Did you like the palace?" She was really curious this morning. "It was amazing. It was so big and the pool was great. It was the perfect temperature." I glanced at her as I ate. "That's good." Mama hugged me from the side. Finishing eating, I decided to get an early start on walking to school. Saying goodbye to mama, I walked rather slowly to school, enjoying the cool Paris air.

Of course I missed Paris while I was away, but I didn't miss school. I don't mind it, but I hate being in the same room as Chloe all the time. At least in China I could get away from her easily. "Hey Mari!" Alya yelled behind me. Turning around I smiled. "Hey, Alya. What's up?" I waited for her to catch up. "Did you see Ladybug in action last night? It was insane!" Alya showed me her Ladyblog.

"Wow, that is insane." I tried not to laugh. She was so crazy about Ladybug it was insane, but I loved her anyway. "Marinette!" Adrien called from his limo. "Hi Adrien. What's up?" I ran over and hugged him. "Not much. I just couldn't wait to see My Lady again." He smiled. Laughing, I let go of him and looked at Alya. "I'm so glad you two actually love each other." Alya chuckled. "Me too." Adrien and I agreed at the same time.

Walking into school once Nino caught up with us, we all sat down in our seats and waited for everyone else. "So, how's it feel to be back in Paris, Mari?" Nino turned around to look at me. "Odd." I giggled. It really did. It was nice to be back, but after two months at home in China, it feels so odd. "I'm glad we're back. Imagine what all I missed from Ladybug and Chat Noir." Alya smiled.

"I doubt you missed much." I laughed. Hearing Madame Bustier walk in, I realized Chloe wasn't here. Relax, she just might be sick. I tried to calm my racing mind. "Alright class. Back to how we were before we left." Madame Bustier nodded to a few people who weren't in the right seats. "Hey, you good Mari?" Alya looked at me. I just nodded and paid attention to Madame Bustier.

-after school-

Oddly, so far there haven't been any new akumas today. I thought as I walked home. As soon as I did, a loud crash and a couple screams brought me to reality. At least now everything is back to normal. Running to find a place to transform, I bumped into Adrien who was doing the same thing. "Well, I guess we should transform and help, huh?" Adrien looked at me. "Yup. Tikki, spots on!" I yelled, transforming while Adrien did.

-after the fight-

Adrien and I were both badly hurt, but we did it. We beat the akuma. Limping home with Adrien behind me, we were still on our alter ego forms. Walking in, mama was shocked. "Ladybug, Chat Noir. What are you doing here?" Mama walked over to us. "Do you have any camembert and cookies?" I asked, trying to uphold my superhero factor.

My whole body was searing in pain. "Of course. Here." Mama ran over to the fridge and brought us what our kwamis needed. "Thank you." Chat smiled as we walked out. Transforming back, we have the food to our kwamis and leaned against a wall. "Ugh, my whole body hurts." Adrien groaned. "Mine too. That akuma sure had a punch." I winced in pain.

"You should come home with me so we can take care of our wounds." I looked at him, dead serious. "Alright. Let's go then." Adrien straightened. Tikki zipped back into my purse as we walked back into the bakery and up to my room without a word. "Alright. You, in. I'll be in in a second." I pointed to the bathroom. He just nodded and walked into the bathroom.

Grabbing the items I needed to take care of our wounds, I walked in and patched him up. He in turn patched me up. "Mari, I love you." He rested his head on my shoulder. "I love you too." I smiled. Standing up, I walked into my room and went to walk downstairs. "Hey, Mari. Can I formally meet your parents?" Adrien caught me off guard. "Sure." I walked downstairs.

"Mama, Papa, this is Adrien." I gestured to Adrien. "Hi Adrien. I'm Sabine, but you can call me whatever you like." Mama hugged him. "I'm Tom. You can call me whatever you like as well." Papa hugged him after mama did. "Um....is it okay if I call you guys Mom and Dad?" Adrien looked worried. "Of course, dear. You're part of the family." Mama giggled. A sigh left Adrien's lips with a smile. "Well, I should get on my homework." I walked back to my room.

"Mari, wait." Adrien ran after me. Ignoring him, I walked over to my desk and started on my homework. "Mari, can I talk to you?" Adrien sat next to me on the floor. "What?" I glanced at him as I worked on my Physics homework. "I just wanted to ask you something. Do you truly love me?" Adrien's question stunned me. "Of course I love you." I looked at him, my chest aching. "Good. Cause I love you." Adrien laid his head on my lap as I continued my work.

That was odd. I signed as I finished my homework quickly. "Marinette, your parents are worried about you." Tikki hovered above my book. "Why?" I looked at her. "They are worried you're not happy." Tikki sat on my book. "But I am. I'm just out of it today." I sighed. "Then show them in the morning that you're you." Tikki closed the book I was reading. "I will. What was that for?" I looked closely at Tikki. "You need to sleep. It's already ten." Tikki smiled. "Right...good night then Tikki." I smiled back. Standing, I quickly changed and went to bed.

______________________________________
Hey guys. I know, this was a boring chapter, but I need to get back in the swing of writing them without all the royal stuff to deal with. Sorry. Love y'all.

World Count : 1,277