#55

A/N

Hope you enjoy...sorry for any mistakes🏹

*****
Ariana Grande & Justin Bieber- Never Leave My Side

*****

I anxiously awaited his signal to go on stage as I stood with Justin. We were backstage and his performance was up next. I rubbed my soft, small hands up and down his tattooed and muscular arms. He breathed slowly, trying to shake his nerves. I looked up at him and saw the uncertainty in his eyes.

"Babe, you're going to do a great job." I said.

He smiled down at me and kissed my head.

"I'll be right backstage so when you come off, I'll be right here." I smiled reassuring him.

"Thanks, Ari." he said, pulling me into a hug.

We just stayed silent in our embrace for a little while. I could tell that this calmed him down a lot. I drew small circles on his back as he nuzzled his face into my neck.

"I love you." he mumbled.

I smiled to myself before responding.

"I love you too."

He pulled away as the stage manager tapped him on the back and gave him a nod.

He looked down at me smiling.

"Go get 'em." I said, kissing his cheek.

He smiled and pecked my lips.

"See you in a few." he said before turning around and heading up the stairs to the stage.

I couldn't help but feel nervous for him. This was his first performance on the VMA's in 5 years and back then, he got a horrible reaction from the audience. I knew how hard he worked to make this performance awesome and how many late nights he spent making sure every single move was perfected. I just wanted this to go well for him so he could get the recognition he deserved.

The lights fixated on Justin as the song started. I crossed my arms, watching his performance intently. I had basically memorized all of the choreography because I went to all of his rehearsals for support, so I did a minimized version of the performance to myself.

The performance went on and everyone was loving it. He missed a few small cues but nothing serious or noticeable, but I knew he would be mad about it. I smiled, bobbing my head to the beat. He looked so happy on stage and that made me so glad.

The crowd erupted with screams once he finished his performance. I cheered from backstage as I waited for him to come off. I squinted my eyes as I saw him still on stage, hunched over. I didn't know what was happening.

"Is he hurt?" I said aloud.

He stood up and wiped his eyes and looked to me backstage

He stood up and wiped his eyes and looked to me backstage. His eyes glistened with tears and his face flushed a dark red. I covered my mouth, tearing up myself. He slowly exited the stage and walked down the stairs. He ran to me and just cried.

"Honey, shh." I said, stroking his back softly.

He held onto my small frame tightly, sobbing into the crook of my neck. His warm body towered over mine. He pulled away slightly to look at me.

"That was amazing, Jay. So amazing, you did such a great job." I said, wiping his tears.

He smiled, still sobbing.

I held his hand as I guided him back to his dressing room. People tried to congratulate him as we passed by but he just kept his head down, wiping his tears.

I shut the door behind him quietly. He was sitting on the couch with his head in his hands.

"God, that felt so good." he said.

I smiled, sitting beside him.

"They liked me. I didn't get booed." he said, looking at me.

"I know." I smiled.

I knew that the tears he cried were from relief and happiness. He had worked so hard and it all finally paid off.

"I am so proud of you, Jay. I love you so much and I am so happy that you're mine. I am so proud to call you mine because you are the strongest person I've ever met. I love you so much, I can't say it enough." I said, rubbing his back.

He smiled and cupped my face, pulling me in for a passionate kiss. His warm lips covered mine, moving softly. His thumb stroked my cheek as he pulled away slowly.

"I love you. Don't ever leave my side, please." he said, looking into my eyes.

"Never." I responded, holding his hands on my face.

He smiled at me before sighing.

"Looks like we gotta go back out now. How do I look?" he asked sarcastically, wiping the last of his tears.

"Like my handsome boyfriend." I giggled.

He smiled.

"God, I love you."

" I love you jay." I said as I grabbed his hand and led him out to everyone.

****
A/N

Awww poor Justin😭❤️

Requested💕I hope you enjoyed it.. I did my very best😊