My Protector (Aomine x reader)

Requested by @HinoiSensei, enjoy. Sorry it's so late! Aomine is such a boss in that video! XD

Warning: This story will contain hints of physical abuse, nothing too graphic though.

X~X

(Y/n)'s POV

"Get over here Bitch!" My boyfriend Haizaki yelled as he slapped me in the face causing me to fall on the ground.

"W-what did I do Haizaki-sama?" I stuttered.

"Shut up you slut, you know what you did!" He spat back and kicked me in the stomach.

Haizaki has always been like this, well except when I first met him.

"I'll protect you (Y/n)."

Flashback

When I first met Haizaki it was at Teiko, him and Kise were rivals in basketball. I along with other girls watched the boys basketball practices to see the famous Generation of Miracles. I actually liked Aomine, my childhood friend, but I never really approached him about my romantic feelings towards him before. Anyway, one day during practice, a basketball came flying at me and I thought it was going to hit me, but a silver haired male shielded me from the ball. I was so grateful for his act, so I decided to thank him by cooking him something for his after his next practice.

"Thank you for saving me H-haizaki san, please accept this!" I nervously said.

He licked his lips,"Huh? And who are you supposed to be?"

"Oh me? Well, my name is (Y/n)."

"Heh thanks (Y/n), but I'm afraid this food isn't enough to thank me." He grinned licking his lips yet again.

"O-oh I'm sorry what more can I do for you?"

"Become my girl."

"I'll protect you (y/n)."

End of Flashback

I was naive back then to agree to his terms, and now I truly regret it. After he was kicked off of Teiko's team, he became violent and beat me up. He told me that if I told anyone he was doing this or called the cops that he'd kill me. Tonight is the first day of the winter cup, and I'm here to support Haizaki as he has his first match up against Kaijo, the team his rival Kise is on. If I didn't come to his game, Haizaki would have probably physically and verbally abused me, so I really didn't have a choice.

The match between Haizaki and Kise had came to its end, and Kise emerged the victor. I met Haizaki outside to try and comfort him.

"Even though you didn't win, you did a good job." I told him.

"Shut the fuck up woman!" Haizaki yelled as he threw a punch at me, however a tan hand blocked the punch that was meant for me.

"Aomine, why the hell are you here?! Stay out of this! (Y/n)! Did you tell him we were out here?! Bitch, I'll kill you!" Haizaki screamed as he wrapped his hands around my neck started choking me.

"H-help m-me A-aomine." I managed to cry.

I felt my body being pulled from Haizaki's choke hold. Aomine secured me safely in his arms, and then proceeded in sucker punching Haizaki in the face, causing him to pass out.

"It's been so long...Are you okay (y/n)?" Aomine asked me.

No words were able to come out my mouth, instead tears gushed from my eyes. He asked me what was wrong again, and I explained to him about Haizaki and how he's been abusing me for 2 years.

"(Y/n), you should have told someone that this was going on...but I can understand, you were traumatized." He sighed.

"Yeah I know, but what should I do now? Do you think Haizaki will really try and kill me once he gains consciousness?" I panicked.

"Don't worry (y/n), if he does try I'll be there to protect you." He declared.

"No, I can't ask that of you. I'll just—" I was cut off mid-sentence by Aomine's lips connecting with mine.

"Let me protect you (y/n)." He said breaking free from the kiss.

"W-what? What are you saying? You can't really mean that?! Plus, we live miles apart!" I still protested.

"Distance isn't a problem (y/n). I want to make up for all the time that was lost between us. I abandoned the promise I made to you as kids." He responded.

Promise? What promise?

"Remember? I promised I would protect you if any guy hurt you, and I've failed." He hung his head.

"No, you didn't fail, I failed to not trust you to help me when I was being abused. But now you can fulfill that promise by protecting me from now on." I stated.

"I'll protect you forever (y/n) I swear...even if you marry someone else."

X~X

Make sure to request, vote, and comment!

I hope you liked this chapter! Also, be sure to read my other books if you're a fan of Kuroko no basket, Fire Emblem, and/or Nanbaka! I am the author of Area 51 (Jyugo x reader), The Sacred Hearts (Ephraim x reader), Arrested (Aomine x reader), Kuroko no short stories, Star Crossed (Akashi x reader), and the sequel to Star Crossed called Vengeance and Lust (Akashi x reader)!

Next Update: Kagami x reader