Chapter 9 ~ Closed Eye

Author's Note:

"Reread the last chapter becuz i made a few changes...

So there's a forbidden door that Thomas doesn't want Stephanie to go near it, so if u already read the last chapter, go back, & reread it...

Thank u♥"

Even Death has a Heart

All rights reserved.

Copyright © RaddyMaddy 

***

Stephanie's POV.

The sound of thunder made me jump out of bed, I shout opened my eyes to found myself still in my bedroom. My head was throbbing with questions of that forbidden door that Thomas & I saw early that afternoon. Then again my stomach growled, & it could be that it was telling me that it's hungry. So I made my way out of my bedroom, down the dark hallway, that had a few flashes a lights when lightening hit the sky.

It started to get REALLY creepy talking in this house like this. Then I saw an yellowish, orangish growl coming from the dining room. I followed the light to the dining room, as that Tarros was eating something at the table. I peeked my head out a bit; e was eating meat... RAW meat. The blood was dripping down from the bloody meat down to the bowl that was half way filled with a pool of blood.

Just before Tarros could take another huge bit, his eyes turned to me, saw that I was watching him eating. He ideally dropped the meat in the bowl, his face had fear on it.

He quickly stood up from his spot, but then fell down flat in his face. I gasped, ran over to him, to help Tarros up.

"Are you okay?" I said, grabbing his arm, & lifting him up the floor.

"Y-yes my l-lady..." Tarros stuttered. I could tell that he was nervous or scared to see me... 

"Why would he be scared of me?" I said to myself.

"Maybe because of your bad breath or the way you creeped on him like that..." The voice in my head said.

"Shut up!" I said. I looked at Tarros who was rubbing the back of his head.

"Does your head hurt?" I said reaching my hand over to his head, but Tarros quickly back away. "What? What did I do?" 

"N-no, my lad-"

"Please, call me Stephanie." I said.

"S-Stephanie, sorry but I'm not used to having women living in the master's house, & I don't take kindly to women..."

"Really, why?" I asked. Tarros was just about to say something, but quickly shut his mouth, then shook his head sadly.

"It's a long story..." Tarros said. I could tell that something bad happen to him before he died. I pulled a chair over to him, sat down, & said.

"Tell me, I don't mind long stories." Tarros looked up at me sheepishly; a smile grew on my face, I knew how he felt right now for I have been through a lot of crap in my life during my younger years, & the night that made me come here in the first place. "It's okay, you can tell anything."

Tarros sighed, brought a chair over, sat up straight in the chair, & began his story. "During me younger years, back then... or the better term... Alive. I was born in poor family in North Dakota in the summer of 1896.I had a younger sister, Julian. My mother was a careless person, & unfaithful to my father. I found out that she was having an affair with a rich man name Tom Wilson..."