part 10

"Elena is not Katherine,"Damon shrugged.

Adela neared her brothers excitedly as they stopped their conversation about Elena.

"Damon, look!"she giggled and twirled around, showing off her favorite Victorian blue gown with embroidered lace hanging off her shoulders as it's sleeves and the embroidery continuing around her waist.

"I found one of my gowns in my old room. I haven't been in one of these since forever... Everything's nostalgic,"she wrapped her arms around herself and smiled for the eyes that gazed at her gown.

Elena approached them in her own gown and all three pair of eyes stopped at the sight of her, dressed in a green gown with hair curled exactly like how Katherine looked like back when they met her.

Adela shook her head and shivered.

"That is so creepy. The similarity is still so much to accept,"she said.

"You look beautiful,"Elena smiled.

"So do you, but my brothers' reaction already implies that."

"Let's go,"Damon said and held out his arm.

Adela rested her hand on the crook of his arm and followed him as they strolled around.

"I look ridiculous,"she turned to her brother.

"You look beautiful. However,"he said.

"Only Miss Mystic Falls court ladies are suppose to be wearing that."

"But I missed being able to dress up like this, you know?"she groaned.

Damon stopped and twirled her around.

"You'll get hot,"he said.

"My clothes are in your car,"she rolled her eyes.

"Damon..."she sighed after a moment.

"This thing with Elena isn't gonna end well.. for both of you."

He stopped ahead of her and she waited for him to speak, to say anything. Anything was better than the silent truth that he really was in love with her.

The eyes speak more words than the mouth is capable of.

"The parade's starting. You coming?"he questioned and glanced over his shoulder.

"I should change, I feel stupid,"Adela said.

Damon tossed her his keys and walked away to leave her be.

"You came."

She stopped and turned around as a smile spread across her lips.

"I haven't seen you around,"she said.

"I haven't been around much,"Ezekiel shrugged.

His eyes gazed from the joy in her eyes to the smile on her lips and the dress that fitted her so perfectly.

He was amazed at how something so beautiful and perfect could be even better than what it already was.

"You look gorgeous, Ella,"he said.

She curtsy and folded her arms.

"I'm gonna change... I could use your company, it's not like you haven't seen everything yet,"she unlocked the car and grabbed her bag with him trailing behind her.

"How long have you been in town?"Ezekiel questioned as they headed toward the bathroom in the school.

"A few weeks. I've been with my brothers,"she shrugged.

"I... have been thinking about you."

She stopped by the lockers and turned to him.

"We had a great time, Zeke, we could still have that,"she said.