Chapter 25 : Side effects

Chapter 25

The next day...

Riker POV

"Wake up, baby. You need to get up for school."

I opened my eyes. I was still in mom and dad's bed from last night.

I got up, and went to Rydel's room to get clothes. I got dressed for school, but I still felt really sleepy and like I had no energy.

When I got downstairs, mom had laid out my 2 pills next to my plate. I took them, but I wasn't happy about it at all.

I went to school, feeling exhausted.

Later...

Riker POV

"Riker, you ok?" Hailey asked.

I had my head down on the table in the cafeteria.

"No," I said, starting to cry.

"What's wrong?"

"I feel sick."

"Sick, how?"

"My head, and my stomach, and I feel so dizzy."

"Do you want me to take you to the nurse?"

I sat up and nodded.

Hailey walked me to the nurse, and then left.

"So what brings you to the nurse today?" A lady asked me.

"I feel sick."

"What's wrong?"

"My head and my stomach. And I feel dizzy."

"Alright, why don't you come lay down? I'll call your mom."

I laid down, and told the lady my name. She found my card, and called mom's number.

"Riker, your mom will be here to pick you up in like 15 minutes."

"Ok..."

I laid there and stared at the clock. I felt weird inside. It was a bad weird. Like something wasn't correct with me.

"Riker, your mom is here."

I got up, and saw mom. I hugged her. 

"Ready to go, Riker?"

I nodded.

I followed her out. 

"So you're not feeling good?"

"Yeah, it's my head and my stomach, and I feel dizzy and just... weird."

"Well maybe you're just still a little anxious because you took the pills this morning."

"But I took anxiety medication. I shouldn't be getting it. And it's not the same feelings. When I get stomachaches from anxiety, it just hurts. This feels like I'm going to have a stomach bug. And I don't know how to describe my head. It hurts, but it also feels weird. It's sort of like I'm on a cloud in a dream, except I'm dizzy, and something just feels off."

I got into the car. Mom drove us home.

"Riker, I want you to go lay down on the couch, ok?"

I nodded.

I curled up on the couch with a bunch of blankets. I pulled my baby blanket out of my backpack, and held it close to my chest.

Mom came in a few minutes later.

"I called your doctor. She said it's not uncommon to have side effects when you first start taking the pills."

"But I just feel so not good."