THOUGHTS - PETER

prompt: soulmate ware able to talk to each other through their minds.

You smiled softly as your attention was stolen from the French essay in front of you by the now familiar voice of your soulmate in your mind.
"Eliza Schuyler was the wife of....of....."
"Alexander Hamilton," you thought, chuckling as you hummed the tune without meaning to.
"Thanks (Nickname)!" came his voice again. "This history essay's killing me."
"Try French," you thought bitterly, glaring at the half-filled sheet of paper in front of you.
"Non merci," he replied cheekily. You giggled.
"Need any more help with history?" you asked. "I know Alexander Hamilton like I know my own mind."
"I know you do, you were singing that musical in your head all day yesterday."
"Sorry! My friends get annoyed at it too."
"Don't be sorry, it was kinda cute." His voice sounded shy now, and you bit your lip at how adorable he sounded.
You'd been able to hear Peter's thoughts for a few months now, and every day you could feel yourself falling more in love with him. He was so funny and nerdy, he listened to all your rants and worries, and he was always there if you needed him.
"Hey Pete?"
"Hmm?"
"Do you think we could meet up soon? I...I really like you."
The silence you were greeted with scared you, and all the horror stories you'd read about soulmates not loving each other or people being assigned the wrong soulmate came rushing to the front of your mind.
"I really like you too, (Y/N). We could meet up today? Unless you want to finish your French work, because I don't mind when-,"
"Today would be great," you thought, a grin spreading across your face as you shoved your work away from you.
"When and where?"

written by misswinchester221b on tumblr