Chapter 1||

A patterned and painful thump accompanied the flutter of Ashley's eyes the minute she woke. She squinted in agitation at the golden streams of sunlight that filtered through the partially closed curtains of her bedroom window. 

Along with the taste of last night's bad decisions that lingered on her tongue, the sleeping form beside her indicated her obvious splurge drinking last night.

She groaned in annoyance, thumping her fist lightly against Grayson's naked, tatted chest in an attempt to wake him. If she weren't so hungover, she'd have probably shoved him to the floor as instant regret began to seep through her being.

Grayson shifted, still very much asleep as he threw his arm over Ashley's body, pinning her to the bed. She let out an agitated huff before harshly whispering his name, her finger squeezing together to pinch his upper arm. The boy slept like a log, it was next to impossible to get him up. Although Ashley were one for pissing off her parents, the last thing she needed was her little brother finding a half naked boy wrapped in your linens as he barged into her room as he always did.

"Ash," He mumbled in disorientation as his dull grey eyes met hers. "Good morning." He greeted as he delved in for a kiss.

Ashley was quick to pull away with a frown, not being one for morning kisses. Besides, he of all people should know that last night was a simple lapse and meant nothing more than meaningless sex. She was stressed and needed something to get her mind off the fight with her mother. This meant that there was no need for any after morning affection, he simply needed to get his shit and leave.

"You need to go," Ashley all but demanded as she flung his arm from around her waist and stood to her feet, hands pressed sassily against her wide hips. Grayson seemed all too pleased by the way his eyes trailed the length of Ashley's practically naked body in appreciation. She really wasn't the kind to shy away from appraisal so she stood her ground and rose an eyebrow in a challenging manner.

Seeming to read her blue eyes, Grayson huffed, standing to his feet as he retrieved his scattered clothing from the floor of her room. Within a few short minutes, he'd managed to get dressed as he shoved his cellphone into his jean pocket before approaching her. Yet again, Ashley found him diving in for a kiss. Her palm pressed against his chest, bringing his actions to an abrupt halt.

"What are you doing?" Ashley asked with a scoff. 

Surely he knew the rules. I mean sure, we had been broken up for two months now, around the beginning of summer but he was good in bed and that was all Ashley needed last night. He couldn't possibly be expecting more, not after he was caught with that walking disease from Liderdale High.

Ashley wouldn't say that she was in love with him and that he broke her heart, because she wasn't and he didn't. However, she was embarrassed and Ashley Thomas wasn't one to let things slide easily. Grayson would soon find out.

"Can't I give you a goodbye kiss?" He asked with a cocky smirk that was almost all too familiar to her.

"I think not Romeo. You had your fill and so did I. If I remember correctly, we're over and we have been for months," Ashley scoffed as she made her way over to the ensuite. School started in two hours and Ashley needed all the time she could get to prepare, after all, it was the beginning of senior year and she needed to look her best.

"So you called me for a quick fuck?" Grayson asked in disbelief which almost made Ashley laugh if it weren't for the serious and doubtful expression on his face.

"Glad to see you're keeping up." She patted his cheek almost patronizingly before shoving his car keys into his hand. Grayson stood dumbfounded for a few more minutes and Ashley decided to take the opportunity to get in the shower and thankfully, just as she'd hoped, he was gone by the time she finished.