LBW: Part Four

Robbie had stared as Wendy looked through his studio. He didn't say much, rather, just stared at her, attempting to learn anything he could about her, or come close to finding out why she was immune to his abilities.

So far, he had been successful with his first point. Wendy seemed rather open about herself, so he had learned many things about her. This could range from her favourite colour to what her seventh birthday party was like. He before had been doubtful if he'd actually get along with her, but as he listened more, the more genuinely interested he became.

Although, at the same time, this entire meeting was frustrating him. He couldn't seem to get anything out of her that was actually useful and wasn't a complete waste of his time. He wished he could get inside her mind and extract information from her, that would make it easier.

But he couldn't. Why? He didn't know.

Perhaps it was something to do with Fiddleford Pines. The fact she was related to him didn't shock him, but it was definitely a downfall. How could someone who was like Wendy, who appeared cool and collected, much similar to him, be related to some old crank like Fiddleford Pines, who locked himself in his basement, obsessing over something he didn't care to know about and slowly driving himself crazy? He didn't understand that, either.

Or her sister, Pacifica. That was another downfall. He pitied Wendy that way and didn't realize how she had gone insane with being around such a girl all he time. He didn't need to know Pacifica to realize she was trouble, a threat. He felt worse for Wendy, hoping she secrelty came from a better family line.

Then again, he wondered if his parents were really related to him, so he could relate.

He watched as Wendy looked at the studio equipment. He thought she'd be more interested in the dressing station, but she had proved him wrong. When they first got there, she immediately started fawning over the equipment he used to film and speak to people in the audience. He didn't mind, though. He didn't like people going through his stuff anyways, even if they had authorized permission. The only person who had permission at times was his makeup artist. Even then, he was iffy about it.

The more the two talked and he realized this was going nowhere, the more he realized he needed to call Bill, despite his greatest wish never to talk to him again. He, if Robbie had any luck, would've kept up with his studies of the weirdness of this town, and be able to tell him how to work around this.

At least, if Bill was willing. He was unpredictable, which is another reason Robbie wasn't fond of him. Sometimes he'd be willing to help, and other times, Bill could be a royal pain, which never helped.

Hopefully, that wasn't going to be the case this time, because Robbie was definitely not in the mood for any of Bill's shenanigans today. Or ever, really. But today was especially bad.

Robbie sighed, and turned back towards Wendy, who was playing around with some of the equipment. If it was anyone else, he would've lost him temper. But he knew that was a terrible idea at the moment.

"Don't do that," Robbie said quickly, taking her hand away from a piece of film. "It's delicate, sorry about that."

"No problem," Wendy said, hopping down. "This is all so awesome. I've never gotten to see behind the scenes of this before, and it's sick."

Robbie smiled. "I'm glad you like it, Wendy. I assume you're interested in film crew?"

"Eh, kind of. I mean, being a director or stunt coordinator would be awesome, but I'm not sure I'd want to stand behind a camera."

Robbie placed a hand on his amulet, attempting again to read her mind as she spoke, but he wasn't picking up anything. No form of magic to seen even close to her.