Chapter 27

Happy Canada day! 🇨🇦

Stan stared into the government agent's eyes, a deadly look on his face. "What are you doing back here?"

Powers chuckled. "We never really left, Mr. Pines," he explained. "We were trying to get all the information on you that we could."

The gargoyle got closer to the man. "And why is that?"

Powers' face fell. "Well–to tell you the truth s-sir, I don't remember."

Stan inched even closer. "Perfect."

Agent Powers looked terrified now, but was trying to put on a brave face. "If you get any closer to me I swear I will send you and your whole family to Washington for experimentation!" He whispered harshly.

Stan looked around the room. "You still got that water bottle somewhere?"

"I'll send the whole–" Powers paused. "Water bottle? What are you going to do with a–"

"Where is it, ya' dumbass!" Stan hardened, yellow eyes glowing brightly.

"I–It's right here, sir," the agent answered, grabbing the half-full bottle off of a wooden desk.

Stan smiled devilishly. "Drink it."

"What?"

The gargoyle rolled his eyes. "You heard me. Now drink the water."

Agent Powers hesitantly undid the cap, staring at Stan. He brought the bottle up to his lips and took a sip. His eyes widened. The water was cool and smooth, and left a tingling sensation in his mouth after it left it. It had an unnaturally sweet taste. He quickly took another sip, and another, continuing until the bottle was empty.

"Tastes good, doesn't it?" Stan asked, scratching his shoulder.

Powers nodded. "I-I assume yes," he said, putting the cap back onto the bottle.

Stan chuckled. "By the way, that water is the reason this whole town is how it is!" His plan had worked perfectly. He had trapped the agents in town, and for who knows how long.

"What?" Powers asked.

"What I mean to say is you'll be in the same boat as blondie in a few hours!"

Powers furrowed his brows. In the same boat as blondie? Then he realized it. Trigger. That water is the reason this whole town is how it is. His eyes widened. "You stupid fucking old man."

Stan shrugged. "You're the one who drank it!"

"You stupid fucking lunatic old man!"

The gargoyle chuckled. "Well, can't say I don't agree with that!"

"What did you do to me?" Powers yelled, throwing the water bottle to the ground.

"The same thing that happened to all of us, bud."

"I–I'll kill you, Stan Pines!" After saying that, Powers passed out.