Chapter 11:

The next morning Ron was in the hospital wing. Apparently a girl named Romilda Vane brewed a rather powerful love potion for my brother and Ron, being Ron, ate the chocolates it was in. Harry brought Ron to Professor Slughorn who was able to make the cure, remedying the effects. The three then decided to celebrate with a toast, which would have been fine if the liquid Ron drank wasn't poisoned.

Now I sat next to Hermione and Harry, on chairs around the hospital bed, awaiting Ron's recovery and for him to wake up. Madam Pomfrey rushed about the room, gathering supplies for various tonics and potions while we sat.

Eventually Professor Dumbledore, McGonagall, Slughorn, and Snape entered the room, creating much commotion in the small hospital wing.

"Harry," Dumbledore said, "I would like you to tell me exactly what happened."

"Ron was under a love spell. We went to Professor Slughorn to fix it. Once he did we were going to celebrate with a toast. Professor..."

"Yes Harry?"

"The mead was poisoned..."

Dumbledore turned to Professor Slughorn.

"And where did you acquire such a drink, Horace?"

"I-It was a gift... I had actually planned on gifting in myself." Professor Slughorn said.

"And who were you planning on gifting it to, might I ask?"

"To you, headmaster."

The room fell silent as everyone watched Ron. Footsteps could be heard in the distance, running closer.

"Ron!" A girl shouted.

Lavender Brown came running into the room, distraught and close to tears.

"Where's my Won Won?!"

She spotted the bed Ron was laid down in and hurried over, earning a disgruntled look from Snape. Lavender spotted Hermione and her face scrunched up.

"What is she doing here?!" She demanded.

"What are you doing here?"

"I happen to be his girlfriend."

"I happen to be his... best friend."

"Really? Now that he's suddenly all interesting?!"

"He's been poisoned you daft girl!"

"Whatever!"

Lavender stood by Ron's bedside.

"It's alright Ron!" She cooed, "I'm here! I'm here!"

Ron mumbled something in his sleep. Lavender leaned closer to make out the words.

"Hermione..." He mumbled again. Hermione smiled like a kid on Christmas and looked triumphantly at Lavender. Lavender's face fell quickly and she started to tear up. She dramatically ran out of the hospital wing sobbing.

"Hermione..." Ron mumbled again.

Hermione took his hand and held it reassuringly.

"Ah, young love." Dumbledore commented.

As the four professors left the wing, Hermione talked calm words to Ron while he slept and I watched her smile. Harry grinned before standing up and leaving the room. I walked after him.

"We need to get those memories Rosie." Harry told me.

"I know." I sighed.

"I think I have a plan." He said.