Big Spoon, Little Spoon

You were known around the office for your penchant of always being open to a bout of cuddling. Side hugs, big bear hugs, it didn't really matter to you. Hugging was cuddling and cuddling was something you loved. It was a buried part of you, sure, and you didn't like to be touched by people you weren't comfortable enough with, but give you enough time to get to know someone and you'd probably turn them into a cuddle buddy. Not only did you love to hug people, people liked to hug you. You were quite short, especially compared to majority of the people who worked at Rooster Teeth. Small and adorable, everyone enjoyed the almost always daily hugs they received.

It didn't take long after you joined Rooster Teeth to become comfortable with a few people. Barbara, for instance, was quite cuddly herself. If you were ever down, or just in need of a hug, you could seek out Barb and you were assured to a good, long hug. Miles and Kerry liked to squish you in the middle of a hug, often pulling in other nearby victims, whether it be Arryn or Monty or even Burnie. And although you tried not to make special exceptions, you did tend to seek your boyfriend more often than others. Ray was definitely your favorite person to hug and cuddle on, though that was to be expected. Often times, Gavin or Lindsay or even Geoff would complain that Ray was hogging all your hugs and needed to share. You'd both just laugh and then you'd go love on whoever had said something. You loved being able to be affectionate with all these people you loved but there was always something that bothered you. It was almost impossible for you to be the big spoon. 

Ray was not a large man by any means: he's joking referred to himself as a man-child on more than one occasion. You were, however, even smaller than Ray which you were fine with. For the most part.  You loved when he'd stand behind you and warp his hands around your waist while resting his chin on your head. You loved the fact that he was actually able to reach (most of) the higher shelves, getting things you were too short to reach without a step-stool. You loved being able to sit on his lap while the two of you gamed, arms tangled together and controllers bumping into each other. You did have a problem with being the small spoon. You absolutely hated to be held while you slept, at least like that, and liked to be able to sleep with your arms around something: you had slept with a stuffed animal for years, only abandoning the creatures when you moved in with Ray. 

---

"Would you quit moving around so much?" Ray grumbled, half-asleep. "We have like two hours before it'd be a decent time to get up."  You glanced at the clock: it was 9am, which was arguably a decent waking-up time except you two had stayed up till 3am. You huffed quietly to yourself as Ray rolled to face away from you and made himself more comfortable. You lay on your back for a while, before giving into the temptation. You rolled towards Ray, your arm sneaking around his waist, legs tucking up close to his, and face nuzzled into his shoulders. You stuck your other arm under the pillow and used it as a bit of extra padding. 

"What're you doing?" Ray slurred. You could feel the rumble of his voice through his back and you pressed closer to him.

"Cuddling. Spooning, Gettin' comfy. Take your pick." You replied.You were both quiet for a moment. Ray moved his arm, laying it along yours and entwining your fingers together. 

"You're a terrible big spoon, ya know." You frowned, nudging him in the thigh with your knee.

"You're a terrible small spoon, ya know." You mocked. "I've never heard a small spoon complain so much."

"I've never seen a big spoon take up so little space."

"I hate you."

"Nah, you love me." Ray rolled over, facing you now. He moved your arm out from under your head and let it lay under his and then wrapped both his arms around you. He tangled all of your legs together and pulled you so close that you could feel the heat from your own breath. Ray was adorable and any rate, but Ray without his glasses was one of your favorite things: it was right up there with cuddling. He pushed his forehead to yours and the two of you sat for a while like that, simply enjoying one another. You were happy for this time of silence, for the ability to just take one another in. 

"You're right, ya know." You said quietly. You two had been laying together for a while, shifting whenever an arm or leg fell asleep. 

"I was right? And you're admitting it? We should throw a party." Ray was smirking and you pouted jokingly, poking out your bottom lip. 

"Fine. Nevermind." After a bit of groveling. you finally gave in. "I love you, small spoon." Ray chuckled. "Love you too big spoon."