Prologue

Panting, out of breath, the sweat and blood dripping from Michaels face.
The loud drum of his heart pounding through his ears, the thunder cracking opening the heavens and lightning illuminating the dark skies.
The sounds of explosions, gunfire and screaming washed through the air.

"how the hell did i end up here?" thought Michael as he found refuge behind the counter of what used to be a popular fast food restaurant.
He looked around scanning the rubble and could see the bodies of innocent men, women, children that had been caught in the destruction of this once populated city, this familiar scene spread all through out London.

His heart ached knowing that he was partly to blame for the death and destruction that had terrorised London. The tears he had been holding back to concentrate on his fight broke free, begging the souls for forgiveness. Anger now humbled him, he knew he had to at least win as penance.
As he ducked down behind the serving counter he closed his eyes and began to steady his breathing, focusing his mind to gather his ORI and sense his surroundings, looking for the beserking giant.
He sensed the presence towering over him too late. There in front of him with a murderous intent that seemed programmed to kill him was Ogun.
Michael snapped his eyes opened as quickly as he could and he tried to block the punch cutting its way through the air.
He knew it was going to hurt...the attack connected with his guarded arms, he could feel the sheer force of the blow lifting him of his crouched position. He shot through the serving counter, blasted through the wall skyward. As he flew through the air free-falling towards the river Thames again he asked himself, "how the hell did i end up here".