3

GOD queen and jack's mannequin are both really good bands. isn't life amazing. i finally saw star wars today and no doubt i enjoyed it and it hadn't even been spoiled so i got to enjoy it Properly. also try to enjoy this chapter things get better as the story goes on. 

3 -- [0114]

i'm sorry but i can't tell you, i feel like a pattern

It takes about three days for Ryan to realize that he doesn't like Pete. Not that he's rude or mean or anything, honestly, if Ryan didn't have anything personally against him then he would be an alright person. He says hi to Ryan him and always acknowledges him positively but it never really goes any more than that, and besides, Patrick is obsessed with him and Ryan hates it.

He realizes it when he tells Patrick that they've got fresh apples at the store and Patrick says something mildly apologetic about hanging out with Pete. It's Friday, and Ryan only offers because he wants to spend time with someone but then he remembers that Brendon will be in the library, so he takes Patrick's so-so but outright no as a yeah, alright, and goes the other way down the hall to the library.

Brendon's not there, not yet, for one, so Ryan cracks open Pride and Prejudice and starts reading. He sits in the back corner where the light doesn't always reach properly and there are comfy chairs that no one knows about because they're far away from the printer and everyone else. Today, it seems more empty than usual and this, of course, is because it's a Friday and no one really likes staying after on Fridays. Ryan has always felt so safe in the library and he always knew that Patrick judged him for rather being around books than people, and at least he's got a choice of where to be.

And Ryan can more easily imagine Patrick not wanting to be around people because he isn't, really, usually. The only people he actually interacts with are Pete and Ryan, and Ryan supposes that he has to chose one over the other eventually. And Ryan's only "person" is Patrick, there's really honestly no one else, and that's really kind of sad. 

Everyone has a best friend. Everyone else has got someone to confide in, someone who's always there to hang out with, someone who keeps all their secrets no matter what, someone who will talk about anything and everything just forever just to have something to do, someone who just gets it. 

But what do you do when your someone starts trying to find someone else? 

Ryan's about to start diving way deep into his stupid, self pitying thoughts were the loud, dragging footsteps of the one and only Brendon Urie.

"Hey, Ross. Pretty empty in here, right?" He asks. Ryan's heart rate is through the roof and he feels as if he might melt like the Wicked Witch of whatever compass direction she's from. When Brendon said "pretty empty," he meant that the library was completely dead and no one's there but the librarian, who's talking to a math teacher, and them, the two boys at the back.

Their math teacher is nowhere to be seen.

"Yeah," Almost whispers Ryan like he doesn't want to be heard, but this time, he does.

"Why are you here?" Asks Brendon, and it's a casual, fine question that Ryan answers with a casual, fine answer.

"Better than home." Brendon nods, and shrugs, but sort of nods again.

"Stump's busy?" It takes a second to realize that he's talking about Patrick.

"Oh, yeah. I guess." Silence, and then Brendon pulls a bag of salt and vinegar potato chips out of his bag and opens it extremely loudly. The librarian is waving a George Bush biography around and another teacher watches in sort of fear.

"Want some?" Brendon asks. He's sitting sort of next to Ryan, which makes Ryan's body feel even more like it's been doused in gasoline and lit on fire. There's a part of the library that's sort of... in. In. There's no other word for it. The bookshelves form a sort of alley, wall, thing, whatever, and the books on the floor-to-ceiling shelves are all gross history books that are only there for the purpose of one class that the seniors are offered that maybe four of them take a year. It's Ryan's place. There's a cabinet sort of thing that Ryan sometimes stashes textbooks and things in because they're too heavy to carry back and forth from school, and it doubles as a mini table that Brendon has just slammed his stuff down on. On either side of the table is a squishy chair, and Ryan sits on the one to the left. Brendon is on the right.