Chapter 30: Pain and more Pain

A/N I APOLOGIZE IN ADVANCE FOR THE CRAPPY CHAPTER. Im sorry.

thanks for all the amazin feedback though! Love you all very much :)

They two bodies lay side by side beneath a thick bundle of crimson red blankets on an inflated air mattress. Both were wide awake and quiet, their soft breathing the only sound heard in the small treehouse. Red christmas lights around the outline of the ceiling gave a red tinge to the room and the full moon shone brightly; illuminating the two pale figures. The girl had her head on the boys chest, her fingers making small circles on the material of his blue pyjama shirt. Her legs were entangled with his, their bare feet poking out through the bottom of the blanket. A small t.v in the corner of the treehouse was now black, signalling the end of a movie.

'Harry..what's on your mind?' The female asked although she kept her head positioned in its place on his chest. In the boys mind he thought he could tell the girl the truth. What was actually on his mind. What hadn't left his mind since the first time they met. The one thing that he thought about every second, every minute of everyday. This was Louis. He knew if he told her this, she would get upset and that was the last thing he wanted. So instead he told her something different. A complete lie, but this lie wouldn't hurt her.

'You. You're on my mind. And wondering why we're still up at 4:30 am..' He told her making her smile and nod against his chest. She giggled as well and shrugged. 'Mostly just you though.' He said again to which she blushed and grinned. The exact reaction he had been looking for. He decided to further convince her by saying even more. 'Maya i'm really glad you're here with me.' Another lie. But she would never have to know. At this, she lifted her head from his chest which made her long red locks fall onto his shoulder in pools. She slowly leaned forward and captured Harry's plump lips into hers.

'I still love you Harry.' She told him as she pulled back ever so slightly. Her green eyes scanned across his face for his reaction. What she couldn't see is the panic in his eyes, she never really was good at recognising emotions in eyes which was good for Harry's sake. Because right now he was panicking.

Love. The word that brought only one face to his mind. A face that isn't Maya's. In fact it's not even a girls face, but a face that belonged to non-other than Louis.

Harry realised that Maya was still staring at him waiting for an answer. He couldn't bring himself to say it back so instead he just connected their lips again in hopes of distracting her from it. Luckily, it did and she kissed him back with passion. When she started putting her fingers beneath the bottom of his shirt, he put his hands against hers to stop hers before they went any further. It didn't feel right. In fact none of it felt right.

Maya pulled back from his lips and sat up, pulling her long ginger hair into a low bun. She sighed and dragged her hands down her face. Harry frowned and sat up next to her in confusion, his new phone in his back pocket. After he had broken his by throwing it at a wall, his parents immediately bought him a new one where his contacts and data all automatically got transferred.

He leaned slightly back on the palms of his hands but watched as Maya sighed into her hands. Having the feeling that she was going to say something, Harry stayed quiet and waited.

'A good relationship consists of two people. Two people who both want to be in that relationship. And i'm getting the feeling that i'm the only one who wants this.' Maya said after a few minutes of silence. She looked at Harry and rested her chin on top of her knees. In his mind, Harry knew she was right, and knew he should tell her. But then he remembered Louis, and the only way to forget about him. Date someone else.

'Maya don't be silly.' Harry said lifting one of his hands up to grab hers. Just as he reached, she pulled both her hands away and held them in the air while she shook her head.