1971

The sounds of utensils clanking and the mysterious zapping of some sort of object could be heard across the dim lab and a few shuffling feet echoed along the hallways.

"He's quite... 'complicated' please we ask you bare with us AND him." A young representative spoke to a petite spunky blonde that stood a feet under him.

"Not too much I can't handle, I am sure." She retorted.

She held her papers against her chest snug and secure. Just by looking at her there was an essence to her that screamed of purity. Her small smile that curled up just right and the small faint freckles that spread across her cheeks.

"Mr. Sanchez." The young man called out with a small knock.

"What do you want Greg? Who said you ca-..." Rick Sanchez a young Scientist, A fresh smart brain at work with a questionable attitude. He turned around and the image of the young blonde stopped him mid-insult.
"Who the hell is this?" He said.

And before he was able to add remark about the fact she was a female in his criteria of work Diane spoke up.

"I am a co worker, I will be assisting or shall I say achieving something you seem to be having troubles with. Your simple theories and other hypothesis shouldn't take long to prove or disprove so don't expect me to be here all too long." She wriggled her way around him towards the lab table that awaited behind the tall young Rick.

Her eyes scanned the small putty like substance and with a grasp of a micro scope that layered in 4 lenses she hummed expectantly. "Biology, I am guessing it and Neuroscience is not your strong suit. The cerebellum is completely man handled and from what you presume to be the cortex isn't 100 percent ensured until we can get a scan on an active brain. This is not a human brain, for all we know the cortex could be reverse and on the back side of the brain."

" That's not it's /Cerebellum/" He mocked her with air quotes as he scooted the petite woman away from his project. "You obviously don't have a clue what you're doing, this isn't human or animal Biology. It's Area 51 shit and all that." He spoke with a wave of his hand to dismiss Diane.

Greg had slipped out of the lab first chance he got, leaving the two in a dispute. Diane had furrow eyebrows and her lips curled down. "Listen here, Mr. S a n c h e z." She exclaimed with a heavy agitated voice whilst her hands rummaged across his table. She grabbed a crystal to screw it onto a thin pen like object. " I may seem like a naive young women who doesn't know much O-or any thing." She spoke as her hand grasped the apparatus in her arms and she shoved the tall male away from the firm, putty, extraterrestrial brain and shot a thin laser across it. A small bead like item hidden within the gush.
" That's the cerebellum, and it's mangled from just slight movement. this species is very agile and successful in battle but their cerebellum is extremely delicate in dissections. You need a new brain if you want to finish the research on this species."

Rick had a displeased look, who was this girl? who does she think she is running up in here telling him what is what??

" Okay, alright miss 'knows everything'." Rick said back, obviously feeling a tad bit belittled by the fact she dismissed his whole understanding of this new organism's brain.

" Don't be a sore loser, i-it's not a contest." She replied in a softer tone than what she had been speaking to him with.

Diane rolled away on the swivel office chair to the freezer, but before she could open the fridge for the new brain there was a pause in reality.
Both Diane and Rick froze in their sudden motions and time stopped for a mere minuet.

And at the end of that minuet the two found themselves face first and on top of each other on the ground of some planet. They felt a thick air of humidity hit their face and they were greeted by a large red alienated creature. The exact same species of the brain they were just prying open.