CHAPTER FOUR

(OR OTHERWISE KNOWN AS TWENTY QUESTIONS!)

WHEN JACKIE SEES SPIDER-BOY AGAIN HE ISN'T VISIBLY HURT BUT HE HAS HIS MASK ROLLED UP PAST HIS LIPS SO HE COULD EAT THE OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES SHE'D LEFT OUT FOR ANY LOCAL HEROS PASSING BY

"Hey Spider-boy," Jackie greets with a smile, "Wanna come in?" Her Abuelo was out for the night so she wouldn't have to tell him to keep his voice down.

"Sure," he said happily. "And it's Spider-man," he whined fondly, soundlessly climbing through her window.

"So what hurts?" She asks Spider-boy as she mostly shuts her window, leaving it slightly open so she could hear someone else if they found their way to her fire escape.

"Nothing," Spiderboy told her honestly. He'd pulled off his mask completely once the blinds were shut. Totally not causing Jackie's heart to speed up.

Jackie ignored the heat coming from her cheeks and instead asked, "Then why are you here?"

Spider-boy looked at his scuffed up rain boots as his gloved hand clamped itself to the back of his neck.

"Because I wanted to see you," he murmured. Jackie beamed. Sure Jessica stopped by every once in a while to check up on her but really the only person she helped that liked to stop by for no reason was Wade. Mr. Matt had this thing where he thought the more he came around the more she'd be in danger and he didn't want some evil dude or his henchmen to come after her so unless he couldn't move and she was right there he tended to not come around.

"Great!" She winced at her loud voice, "Shit-cool." Spider-boy smiled.

Jackie sat on the corner of her bed and motioned for Spider-boy to do the same. He sat down next to her and Jackie turned to him and cocked her head to the side,

"So what am I allowed to know at this point?" Jackie asked.

"What do you mean?" His eyebrows came together.

"I mean can I know your name?"

"No." Jackie huffed. "Alright, Spider-boy-"

"Spider-man."

"Spider-boy-" Jackie rolled her eyes fondly, "What am I allowed to know about you?"

"I'm fourteen?" Jackie smiled.

"I'm fourteen too. Are you a freshman too or are you some super genius or like have you been left back a ton?"

Spider-boy snorts, "I'm a freshman."

"Do you go to a school in the area or-"

"In the area, you?" Jackie refrains herself from groaning at his vague answer, not that she expected anything less, "I go to the Eleanor Roosevelt High School."

"Where's that?"

"Over on East 76th Street." Spider-boy knits his eyebrows together and pops his bottom lip out- and Jackie doesn't want to lean over and kiss him like she's in a bad RomCom -before a metaphorical lightbulb goes off above his head.