conflict

Lauren London A.k.A New New 

My long heel stiletto clicked against the tile floor as I make my way to the kitchen. I open the fridge, which is almost empty from groceries; I grabbed a peanut butter and jelly sandwich from the fridge and the gallon of milk. After pouring myself a glass of milk, I throw the gallon in the sink. I know that's not where it supposed to be, but when you live by yourself with no mother around it doesn't matter where you throw crap that really doesn't matter. I make my way to the wooden table; I pull out a chair and started eating breakfast before school. As usual, my drunken ass mother was not home, and please don't ask me where she is because I have no ideas; I haven't seen her for two whole months.

My phone vibrates while I was thinking about my mom, I didn't realize the tears until I felt them running down my cheeks. On the third ring, I pick up my phone and noticed it was my girl, Sasha. Sasha is a second virgin looking Aaliyah with a freaking nasty attitude... well okay sometimes she has the nasty attitude, but not every day....I'll gives her that cause I love that girl so much.

"You rang," I answer.

"Hey girl, can I ride with you today?" She asks without a single hello, my point of rude exactly!

"Well, hello to you too bitch," I said teasingly.

"I'm sorry, just in a bad mood this morning." She explains.

"What happened to your car?"

"It doesn't want to start girl, now can you pick me up, or, are you going to keep on asking a thousand questions?" See what I meant by nasty attitude? I shut my phone without saying anything else, because if I do she will go down just like Robert did. Robert was my mom's drunken ass boyfriend. When I was 16 years old; I killed Robert for putting his hand on my alcoholic mother. Yeah, I know. I killed him. I know she is not the best mother in the world, but you don't put your hand on my mom and get away with it, because I will haunt you down, that's how it goes with me. Nobody is perfect... human makes mistakes, but don't just beat the crap out of them. There's always another way to take care of things instead of putting your hands on people; that's how I see it, but Robert has to learn his lesson the hard way. I pour his hidden statch of cocaine into his favorite beer and a couple of powder aspirin and did the whole world a favor. The cops said it was an overdose but overdose my ass. After burying the son of a bitch, my mom moves to California. Now it has been three years since, whenever I told Nadine, my mom, that I was the one who killed Robert she thought I was crazy, or drunk just like she always is. So I just leave her alone and never bring it up again. He wasn't worth a thing. So I did him a favor.

But I promise myself I am not going to sting my hand with anyone else's blood anymore. So I'll let Sasha slide.

I turn around the corner of Sasha's house and pulled in front of her house. I honked the car and noticed her running out of her house, her weave blowing out in every direction with her apple bottom jeans on and a white T-shirt with her brand new Jordan that we got two days ago from footlocker, and her make-up flawless as usual. She looks cute. Maybe that's why I tolerate her.

She snatched my door open and said, "Hey Lau" She might be my girl but I'm really pissed at her. What was wrong with her...... it's not my fault she brought a cheap ass car. Shit, that chick is crazy. So that's why I ignored her ass. I just pull out of her parking lot and start driving silently. But hell she isn't going to take the silent treatment.

"I'm sorry." She said

I didn't say anything; I just look at her and roll my eyes. The rest of the drive to school went silently. I parked the car in my usual parking lot and made my way to my locker without saying anything to Sasha who was trailing like a freaking dog behind me; like really, can't the girl take a hint! I know she apologized but I just asked her a damn question. She didn't have to give me her freaking nasty attitude!

The day passed slowly. When seven periods ended it was a freaking relief. I hurry up and make my way to my car. I snatch the door open and decided to wait for Sasha in the car. I turn on the radio and put it on 103.9 FM. They had on 'thriller' by Michael Jackson. I close my eyes and start singing along with the king himself.

I didn't notice it when Sasha slides in the passenger seat until I heard her tiny voice.

"Damn girl, this is my jam!" really loud should I apply, I know it was an attempt for me to talk to her, but it wasn't going to work. She was now jumping around like I just brought her a brand new purse. I couldn't help laughing at her childish ass self. What got me cracking up, even more, is when she starts making the evil laugh, how hilarious, how can I stay mad at that crazy chick. She turns down the volume, which was really loud, and said,

"Lau, I am very sorry for yelling at you this morning. I didn't mean to do that, can you please forgive me?" she pouted her bottom lips at me to emphasize her apology. shit always got me.

"Girl, I am over that shit, so let just drop it okay? but next time you yell at me, it's going to be my foot up your ass alright?" I say jokingly. We started laughing and then she put the volume up again, and Kanye west voice comes up singing Heartless. We started to sing along again.

In the night I hear 'em talk, the coldest story ever told

Somewhere far along this road, he lost his soul

To a woman so heartless

How could you be so heartless?

How could you be so heartless? How could be so Dr? Evil?

You're bringing' out a side of me that I don't know

I decided we weren't going' speak so

Why we up at 3 a.m. on the phone? Why does she be so mad at me for?

Homie, I don't know, she's hot and cold

I won't stop, won't mess my groove up

'Cause I already know how this thing go

You run and tell your friends that you're leavin' me

They say that they don't see what you see in me

You wait a couple months then you gon' see

You'll never find nobody better than me

I didn't care if I was singing the right song or even the right notes, because I'm not a big fan of Kanye West. Like really, the dude's always starting some shit, as his outburst in the VMA AWARD show to Taylor Swift; damn that was so uncalled for.

"Lauren, can we go to the mall today; they have that purse that I have been looking at online for about a century now. I wanna get it."

"Sure." It's not like my mom was waiting for me at home anyway. I wish that was the case though.

We made our way through the clothing area. They had some fine ass jeans, but to bad, I didn't bring my money with me today. Sasha left me to check out some shoes before making her way to the purse area. I wasn't looking where I was headed before my body hit a hard wall of muscles. I look up to find myself staring at a pair of brown eyes and oh my God.he is gorgeous.