Chapter 25

Holly's Point of View

I groaned, running my hands over my face.

Liam laughed and pecked my lips softly.

"When is she going to be here?" I pouted,  looking at Dave, who seemed just as impatient as me.

"In a few minutes." He chuckled. "I can't believe I'm just letting her meet my family. Don't be embarrassing, please?" A pleading look was sent to everyone in the room, including Liam and I, who were cuddled together on the love seat.

The doorbell rang as I went to say something, causing me to pout.

Liam chuckled and pecked my lips again, wiping the pout from my face.

Dave jumped up to answer the door, seeming more nervous than any of us.

Dave walked into the room then with a girl shorter than him, with fiery red hair and brown eyes with gold specks in them.

She was obviously stunning and the wolf in me became possessive over my mate when I saw her look at him, a smile tilting up on her lips.

Liam pushed me off of his lap almost as soon as his eyes landed on her, to which I felt a stab of pain go through my chest.

"Allison." Liam breathed before Dave could make introductions.

"Liam." The girl responded, her voice sounding like a melody as it reached my ears, only making jealousy stir inside of me. Her eyes were on me, to which made me squirm under her gaze.

"Where is Ana?" Dave asked, sounding tense as he stared at the girl.

"She's in the car. She asked me to come get you because she can't get her seatbelt off." Allison responded, to which Dave quickly stepped out of the house. Her eyes never left me.

"Am I missing something?" I frowned in confusion as her eyes now stared at me in distaste before turning back to Liam.

"Nothing." Liam said, sounding tense as he sent me a strained smile. "We were just friends in high school."

I could hear the lie in his voice, see it in his face as his eyes darted away from me.

And it only made it hurt worse.

It was obvious that the two of them had used to have something going on, but for him to lie about it hurt like a bitch.

"Yeah." She breathed, a teasing smile on her face as she came to sit beside Liam, the opposite side to where I sat beside him. "Friends with benefits. Right, Liam?"

"You and Leah were together then." I said, standing to my feet.

He had cheated on Leah while he was with her, who's to say he wouldn't/didn't cheat on me?

"Hey." Allison said quickly, jumping up behind me, sending me an apologetic look. "Can we talk?"

"I don't even know you." I snapped before turning my back to her and walking through the house to Liam and I's room.

I heard her follow after me and she slipped into the room behind me.

"What?" I sighed.

"I'm not going to beat around the bush here. Liam and I slept together, yes behind Leah's back, no he hasn't cheated on you, and yes it was amazing sleeping with him." She said as I turned to face her.

"You just had to add that last bit in there." I growled lowly.

She shrugged and walked over to the dresser, where she picked up the picture frame of Liam and I. "I found it weird how I was let into this house so easily. My mate told me you had it protected. Doesn't seem protected to me."

"You're a witch." I breathed, just realizing this fact myself, as she wasn't a wolf or vampire.

She shrugged. "Both me and Ana are. She just doesn't know it yet."

"Who is your mate?"

"You probably know him." She put the picture frame down and sent me a smile that shook me to the core. "His name is Joey. And I heard he's been looking for a certain pair of twins."

And with a flick of her wrist, I felt every breath of air leave my body as I was thrown into one of the walls.

"He's not going to be happy though." She clicked her tongue as she picked up my car keys from the dresser.

I winced as the pain caught up with my mind, every bone in my body now sore and aching.

"He was hoping to plant his seed inside of you when he got you. He can't do that knowing that you're pregnant." A smile was sent over her shoulder at me.

I decided not to show my surprise at this, considering a part of me wanted to get pregnant again, with Liam's child.

"Your defenses are hard to break through, though." She shook her head. "Joey and Jake said you'd be weak. Being with Liam has made you stronger, I see. Liam always brought out the best in people. But it amazes me how I can just walk in here and you become weak again."

A feeling of pain spread through my chest when she pointed one of her fingers at me.

"Jake?" I winced at the pain it caused me to speak.

"Oh yeah. Jake has been wanting you and your son for as lonv as I can remember. He even handed over Leah in turn for you. He is going to put you and your son through so much pain when I get you to him." She shook her head in mock sadness.

"I'm considering letting you keep the child inside of you. Joey said it's up to me as long as I bring you to him. It depends on my decision how easy you make this trip."

And then I let out a scream as a pain spread through my head, just before my vision went completely black.

*

I woke up to the sound of light humming and an indescribable pain in my head.

"You okay?" Allison smiled at me as she held Trevor in her arms, nearly giving me a heart attack. "You've been out for over twelve hours."

"Don't hurt him." My voice had taken on an almost pleading tone, though I didnt try to change it.

"I won't hurt a child." She sighed sadly, looking down at him with a small smile. "And sorry for that whole scene back at the house. If I had done anything else, you would've fought back."

"Not forgiven." I grumbled, looking around as I noticed we were in a small diner.

She shrugged. "I need you for Jake. Joey isn't going to just let you walk away from this. But he's agreed to give you to Joey."

"I'm not an item." I growled lowly.

"No, but you are the prize. If you are changed, then people will see you as an example. You would be the first witch-wolf-vampire hybrid. People would follow you. Leah isn't as strong a witch as you are, if anything, so you are the prize." She explained.

"If I change, I'll forget everything of my life now." I said. "Joey forgot everything about his childhood when his dad changed him."

"And his father suffered because of that. But I can promise you, I'll stand by your side in this. All Joey wants is a kid with you. But you have to change in order to give him that. He can't have kids unless its with another vampire hybrid. And he wants me to stay pure." A small smile lifted on her face at this.

"But Liam-" I began.

"Liam has already forgotten about you." She grabbed my hand across the table. "I can show you?"

I frowned and nodded, a large part of me saying I shouldn't believe a word she says.

Images of Liam and a brunette flashed through my mind, making me rip my hand from her grip almost instantly.

"I am a witch of the present. I can only do things and see things now. That is him now. He forgot about you." Truth rang in her words.

And I caved.

"I'll change." I sighed reluctantly. "But I want Trevor to go back with Liam. I don't want him with me after this."

Allison nodded, looking like she won the lottery.

And I had no clue what I had gotten myself into.