D.C ,, By Saki

My name is Div, Div Chevalier. I don't know what made me the way I am, but whatever it was left a hollow place inside. People fake a lot of human interactions, but I feel like I fake them all, and I fake them all very well. And that's my burden, I guess.

But I don't blame my foster parents for that. Astor and Darren Chevalier did a wonderful job raising me. But they're both dead now. No, I didn't kill them... honestly.

●•.•.•●

"You're different, aren't you, Div?"  An older man said to a young girl.

"What do you mean, old man?" She responded in a blank tone.

"The officers say that Xander disappeared.-" He let out a loud sigh and rubbed his chin, "-I found the grave, Div"

She looked up to the male, snapping her response. "That dog was a noisy little creep, pops. He was barking all night, and mom couldn't sleep. And she's very, very sick, and that lousy dog was yapping at every damn leaf that blew down the sidewalk."

"There were a lot of bones in there, Div, and not just Xander's." The deep groves of his face worsened.

●•.•.•●

"Bonjour, Div!" A happy neighbor yelled out, Div walked towards her home and softly waved towards her neighbor. She continued her walk towards her home, shuffling around her bag she grasped her keys and slid it into the hole. Successfully unlocking the door. She slid into her house and closed the door behind her. Locking all four locks, she hooked her keys on the coat rack that hung next to her door. Taking off her fake glasses and tossing them onto the coffee table, going over to a vent she carefully pulled it off. Pulling out a few other components until she finally reached a medium-sized wooden box. Opening the box and she pulled out a small tube of red liquid from her pocket.

Blood, it sets my teeth on edge. Other times it helps control the chaos.

She slid the tube in next to 30 to 40 other tubes. Smirking she closed the box and put it back where it belonged.

The code of Darren, my foster father is satisfied. And so am I. Darren was a great cop, here in France. He taught me how to think like one, taught me how to cover my tracks. I'm a very neat monster.

NEXT MORNING

Sitting down at her desk she shuffled around some papers before her phone rang. She answered the phone and pressed it against her ear while fixing around her pens. "Dev, you there?" A woman said through the phone in a stressed voice.

"Devie, please, as soon as you get this. I'm at a park by the shithole 'The Sin City' bar, and I need you here, ok? Devie? Please. Pretty fucking please with a man-whore on top."

That's my foul-mouthed best friend, Lexi. She has a big heart, but won't let anyone see it. She's the only person in the world who knows what I do. I think that's nice. I don't have feelings about anything, but if I could have feelings at all, I'd have them for Lex.

1st POV

I throw on a black tank top and some matching black jeans. I stumble out of my room and quickly grab my keys and rush out the door towards my car. My car unlocked with a small beep, opening the door I hoped into the car and riled up the engine. I pulled out of the driveway and sped down the road toward the park.

}●{

There's something strange and disarming about looking at a murder scene in the daylight of France. It makes the most grotesque killings look staged, like you're in a new and daring section of Disney World. -- Dahmer Land.

"Devie!" The same voice I heard over the phone shouted my name, she was next to an alley way. She was dressed in her blue overalls and red jacket. Blood sploches were smeared on her face and clothes, "Hey, What's up?-" I walked with her down the alley, "-Jeez, Lex, where the hell do you keep your gum?" I was quickly responded to nervousness was settled into her tone. "They're on my trail again-" She caught my attention with those simple words. "Again?" Quickly responding. "-They're on my trail like hound dogs, I'll be chopped into bits and pieces when they fucking find me. It'll be the third time in four months. "Third?, you mean there's a chanc-" She cut me off with her whisper yell. "A chance I'll be caught, that's right. They almost found me twice on the west side, almost caught me just like today." She pressed her back against the wall and slid down it, "Any possible chance there could be a lead to you?" She looked up at me and whisper shouted once again "I wish I knew!" She grunted after her response and pulled her knees to her head.

"I'm going into hiding, so Dev will you help me? I need to stay out of sight." She glanced at me with hopeful eyes.  "As if you needed to even ask, you have keys to my homes, you know how to get there." She squealed and, at an inhumanly fast pace, got up to hug me. "You're amazing, babe!" She snuggled into my chest and smiled brightly. I gave a light smile in return, "You know, you can help with my games. Help teach a few lessons." I smirked at her dreamy expression, "You're really the one for me, I love you." She said while pulling out the 'o' in a cliche 'I love you'. "Now let's go before they come before they catch my girl." I chuckled and picked her up bridal style she giggled and poke my cheek, "Now, now you can't get so emotionally attached, all good things come to an end " Smirking I kiss her cheek and calmly walk towards my- I mean our car.

●•.•.•●