1

Ever since he was a kid, Bakugo had always loved heroes. They always beat up the bad guys and saved the day. Heroes were respected, looked up to, and could get away with pulverizing whole cities.

He looked forward to getting his quirk and showing if off, cause then he could be one step closer to becoming a hero. So, when the day came and he finally used his quirk, he was ecstatic. Now, all he needed was his soul mark and he was complete.

But the mark never came.

No matter how long he waited and waited, all the way into middle school, the mark never came. By that time Deku being quirkless had become a fact and Bakugo felt a sort of relief by that.

Deku knew he didn't have a soul mark but Deku was quirkless so he still trumped him in that matter.

But then that nerdy Deku just had to go and do it. He just had to show Bakugo that he was stronger and flaunt his quirk around. A quirk Bakugo never even knew he had before.

He was just making fun of him wasn't he? Or was this just another one of his attempts to be kind and help him when he didn't need it.

"Oh, well since Kacchan doesn't have a soul mark I should hide my quirk, that way we will be even and Kacchan wont feel left out!"

The nerve.

So, Bakugo did what any pissed off teen would do and confronted him. He stormed to his house after school, harshly knocking on his door with rage. He needed to see if the fuckface was truly better than him. He needed to see if he had a soul mark or not.

"Yes?" A voice answered, cracking the door open slightly. Bakugo instantly noticed Deku's green mop of hair as the man went stiff upon seeing him."K-Kacchan?"

Without a word, Bakugo grabbed Deku, pulling him up towards his room, a place they used to play together when they were kids. Bakugo knew the room wouldn't look any different either, Deku was still as enamored with All Might as he was in the past.

Bakugo threw him onto the floor, slamming the door behind him with a glare. He needed to see, needed to be sure if what he saw was true.

"W-What is it Kacchan?" Deku stammered, trying to hold his ground.

"Take off your fucking shirt," Bakugo growled, stepping closer to him.

"W-W-W-What?!" Deku squealed as Bakugo got closer to him. He grabbed at Deku, struggling to get his shirt up."Wait! Stop-"

Bakugo pulled part of his shirt up, instantly noticing the mark on his right hipbone. He bent down, inspecting the vibrant sun that stood there. It was an orangish-red, the rays around it looking like flames.

"So you had one, you little shit," Bakugo murmured, getting up and making to leave the room.

"A-And what about you!" Deku suddenly shouted, making Bakugo turn around with a glare. He really didn't want to deal with this."Do you have a soul mark?"

"What do you fucking think, Deku?" Bakugo asked. He knew that Deku could already answer his own question.

"O-Oh," Deku murmured, moving his head down as Bakugo turned to leave."You know I thought that maybe you were my soulmate."

This made Bakugo freeze. An ugly feeling started to swirl around in his stomach making him feel sick."I know how stupid it sounds but I thought that maybe since you didn't have one that you were meant to be mine...or something."

Bakugo clenched his hands into fists. He could feel the crazed rush of tears threatening to blur his vision."Shut the fuck up Deku," he murmured, opening the door."And make sure to stay out of my fucking way at school, you hear?"

With that he slammed the door, rushing out into the clear night. He knew it wouldn't start raining, this wasn't a fucking drama movie, but he couldn't help but feel the need for the prickles of water along his skin.

In the end, he and Deku were more alike than he thought but he wouldn't let that stop him.

So fucking what if Deku had a quirk and a soul mark, that didn't mean he couldn't crush him in battle. Some stupid soul mark wouldn't stop him from being number one hero who stood above everyone else. He would blow up everything and everyone in his path starting with that Deku until he alone stood as number one.

It wasn't just some childish dream he was holding onto anymore; it was a promise.