4

Bakugo stormed into his house, slamming the front door with disappointment. He was angry, more angry than he had been in a long time, and it wasn't because of that damned Deku for once. It was all Todoroki's fault with his stupid fucking quirk and daddy issues.

Bakugo couldn't handle it anymore.

"Fucking stupid," he mumbled under his breath, pulling his shirt off and turning on the shower.

He turned back to the sink, staring at himself in the mirror while clenching the side of the sink. Why did he have to be thinking about these things? He swore Todoroki told him that story just to make him feel guilty, but Bakugo wouldn't give in.

He turned back to the shower, catching a glimpse of something on the left side of his chest. Quickly turning back around, his eyes practically bulged out of their sockets at what he saw. It was a soul mark, shining black and white right over his skin.

This couldn't be true. There was no fucking way. How could he have a soul mark? After so many years, who could have just now used their quirk?

As soon as the sentence came out of Bakugo's mouth he paused. No way it could be him. But the heat coursing through his body from the mark, the undeniable pull he felt coming from it, and Todoroki's newly acquired flame quirk could not be mistaken.

The yin and yang. A symbol of dark and light, two opposites that can be put together and still function properly, if not better. The symbol was almost to perfect for Bakugo and Todoroki; it made him shudder.

He just knew, he could feel it. Todoroki was definitely his soulmate.

There was no way Bakugo would tell Todoroki about this, he didn't want it to get in the way of his training. Plus, Todoroki already had Deku as a soulmate, he would never want someone like him.

Yes, Bakugo decided, he would keep this secret to his grave.

===

School was back to normal after the sports festival. Bakugo tried to stay normal, not once even glancing in Todoroki direction to see what sort of face he was wearing.

He obviously knew about the second soul mark, no way he wouldn't with the thing fucking blaring right over his heart. And with the way he half-ass talked to Deku, Bakugo was sure Todoroki wouldn't even attempt to look for his second soulmate, so Bakugo didn't have to worry.

Everything would be fine.

"Look, look," Kaminari said to Kirishima, pointing at an article in the magazine he was looking at."Its a new trend going around. People are getting all these cool tattoos and designs around their soul mark! Isn't it so cool!"

"Yeah! I would love to have something like that around my soul mark," Kirishima said, shying a glance towards Bakugo."What about you, Bakugo?"

"Huh?" Bakugo said with malice, soul mark being the last thing he wanted to talk about.

"What kind of soul mark do you have anyways?" Kirishima questioned."I've never seen it before, maybe its something-"

"Shut up!" Bakugo yelled, slamming his hand on his desk and abruptly standing up. The whole class went silent, staring at Bakugo.

Without a second thought, Bakugo moved towards the door, passing by Aizawa who said,"Don't be late to class" in a low tone as he passed.

"Fuck off," Bakugo hissed back, slamming the door. Aizawa decided to let him go, knowing he would be back before the bell.

"Someone's in a bad mood," Kaminari said with a low whistle, going back to his magazine.

"Did I say something wrong?" Kirishima said with a troubled look."Maybe I should go and apologize."

"Don't worry Kirishima, you did nothing wrong," Midoriya said from his desk with a strained smile."Kacchan has always been like that. Soulmates have always been a bad subject for him."

The whole class perked up at Midoriya's words, listening in with curiosity. Todoroki especially listened with intent, wanting to know more about Bakugo. Last night the unexpected happened when he noticed another soul mark right over his heart in the shape and color of a yin and yang symbol.

There was no question it had come from his awakened flame quirk, but what Todoroki really wanted to know was who was at the other end. It was strange, unlike his mark with Midoriya, he felt a strong urge to seek out his other half to the point where it kept him up all night.

Who was his soulmate? Was it a girl or a boy? Did they go to the same school? Younger or older? Maybe they were in the same grade. What about their features? Long or short hair? What color eyes did they have? What did they look like when they smiled? Who were they?

The questions never ceased and it was driving Todoroki insane, his mark causing almost painful flashes of heat throughout his body.

"Why?" Kirishima asked."I wouldn't think soulmates would matter much to Bakugo."

"They don't," Midoriya waved off, looking unsure if he should continue and spill out Bakugo's secret, but the look Kirishima and the whole class gave him made him continue."Its just that Kacchan doesn't have a soul mark."

"What?!" The whole class shouted, spewing questions at Midoriya with disbelief.

Some part of Todoroki came alive, his brain becoming aware and mapping out different possibilities. It was like a bright light had show itself and was now guiding Todoroki down a road.

Bakugo didn't have a soul mark, but how reliable could that be? It had only been two days since his mark appeared, if Bakugo gained his mark then there was no way he would tell Midoriya. They weren't on good terms, so there was no reason for Bakugo to tell him.

"When was the last time you checked?" Todoroki asked, voice carrying above everyone else's. He looked at Midoriya seriously, the air around them becoming thick in a way that made the whole classes nerves stand on end.

"Uh...A-At the being of the school year," Midorya said nervously.

It was almost to perfect. His awakening, Bakugo's sudden - but fairly short - interest in him, and the scorching heat that would not leave his body ever since he got his soul mark. The whole situation was screaming Bakugo.

Todoroki couldn't just to conclusions, so he had to find out. Just a small glance at Bakugo's chest while they were changing would be enough. He just needed to stay calm, even though his body was screaming at him to take action.

Things would be settled soon, hopefully.