P R O L O U G E

You look left and right, the busy paths bustling with people. They all seem to move with direction, they knew exactly where they were going.

You didn't. You didn't know exactly what you were looking for.

"Need some directions, love?" Called a voice from a small booth strung with items like bottles and carvings and feathered things.

"Uhh... I suppose I do." Your own voice surprises you, but you feel drawn to the woman. You walk to the vendor's cart.

A red-haired woman smiles at you, gesturing you forward. Her eyes glitter in a beautiful brown shade, but for a moment,  as the sun hits them, they look red. But you don't stop moving to her. She seemed so... friendly. Your eyes flitter to the sign. The White Witch Shop.

"Do you know where you're going, dear?" She asks kindly, running her finger over a dusty old amulet.

"I... no, no I don't, actually."

"Maybe I could help you with that. Give me your hand, and I can help you." She holds out a tan, uncaloused hand. Her nails are clean and painted a bright red.

Your better judgement is silent as you take her hand.  You quickly decide her eyes are red. But you don't pull away, an odd feeling of trust envelopes you before you can even doubt the stranger's intentions.

She grabs your hand in both of hers, staring into your eyes with a catlike smile. "Interesting... lost and alone? Poor, poor soul." She hums, letting go of you.

"I want to tell you a story." The woman, no, the witch purrs. She snatches a small, rose gold ring from her counter. She holds it out to you. It looks like a tiny crown, almost.

"There was a kingdom."