Chapter One

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU KISSED COLE SMITH!" Page screeches. I throw a pilliow at her.

"I didn't even know it was him!" I say groaning.

"Is he a good kisser?" She asks, throwing the pillow back. I fight a smile, nodding. She squeals again.
"You're so lucky!" She sighs, laying down. "I wish he would've kissed me."

"Nope. He chose me," I tease her. She pretend pouts. "I didn't even recognize his name!" I realize.

"How could you not? He's literally the captain of the Football and basketball team," she says, shaking her head.

"Not a big sports fan," I say matter-of-factly. She rolls her eyes.

"I know. I'm not a sports fan either and here I am, telling you who the most popular boy is in our school. Whom you just so happened to kiss." She says.

"So anyway," I say, attempting to change the subject. "Who was that boy you were dancing with?" Her face brightens as she talks all about her wild night. When all of a sudden, my phone goes off.

####: is this Carter? Its Cole Smith

Me: yes.

Cole: OK so, hey.

Me: hi?

Cole: Can I talk to you

Me: considering you already are, go ahead

Cole: I assume you know who I am now.

Me: correct

Cole: I have a bit of a reputation

Me: if you say so

Cole: well, I'm cool..... And your not. So, what over this was, its not going to work out.

Me: OK.

Cole: that's it?

Me: yea

Cole: the hottest guy in school just turned you down and "OK" is all you have to say?

Me: well, yea. Your just any old player

Cole: and your just a forgettable nerd

Me: exactly

Cole: whatever

---------------------------------------------------------

"Who are you texting?" Page peers around my shoulder.

"Cole." I say simply, throwing my phone onto the bed.

"What?!" She shrieks, reaching for my phone.

"Don't get too excited, he said I'm too much of a nobody for him." I say, faltering a little.

"Oh honey, I'm sorry." She says, hugging me.

"Its OK, I mean, he's just a player." I say, wiggling out if her grip.

"Exactly. He's just a player." She agrees.

---------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

OK, OK. This is a short chapter. Sorry. The next chapters will be longer, promise. Thanks for reading and following! It really does mean a lot.

Don't forget to favorite and comment! ❤

Love,

Galaxy Potato

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤