Scared!Reader X Ben Paul

Requested by @/cleobotinator on Tumblr

Trigger Warning(s) 
Panic attacks
Talks about suicide (I guess)

Synopsis: Y/N and Ben become separated from the rest of the group, and Y/N begins to have a panic attack causing Ben to have to man up and take control.

-----------

"Quick! Hide in there!" Ben shouted, as he pulled [Y/N] into a small, run down building. A huge herd of walkers had separated them from the others; they were completely lost, alone and afraid. [Y/N] slumped down into the corner and grabbed [his/her] knees. [He/She] began to cry into their knees, shaking violently. 

"[Y/N?] [Y/N] are you okay..?!" Ben jogged over to [him/her] and crouched in front of [him/her]. 

[Y/N] didn't move.

Ben placed a hand on [his/her] shoulder and [Y/N] let out a little scream and flinched away. [He/She] was still shaking and [he/she] started to sob harder. 

"H-Hey! Don't-" Ben started, but [Y/N] just cried louder. Ben stood up and placed his hands behind his head. He sighed deeply before turning around to face the window at the front of the small shed like building. He watched as some of the walkers bashed into the door that he'd barricaded previously, and as some just wandered past.

"They're gone Ben.." [Y/N] whimpered, "All of them!"

Ben turned around from window to face [Y/N]. "What?"

"Lee, Kenny, Clem... They're all dead!" [He/She] shouted, holding back tears. Ben was shocked.

"N-No! They're not!" He replied, walking back over to [him/her]. He crouched down in front of [Y/N] again. [He/She] looked up at him. 

"Yes they are!! [He/She] yelled back, "Have you seen outside? Look at them all! How could they survive in that?" 

"[Y/N] please..."

"NO! Don't you understand?  We're all better off dead! We can't survive without them!" [He/She] shouted, her voice straining.

"No, YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!" Ben shouted back. [Y/N] stopped making noise and looked up at him. A few walkers banged on the door and growled. "They  are not dead, okay..?" He added, lowering his voice a little. [Y/N]  whimpered. 

"I-I-" 

"We'll get through this... I promise." Ben stood up and reached out his hand towards [Y/N]. He looked down at [him/her] and smiled. 

"You promise..?" [He/She] asked, glancing up.

"Promise."

[He/She] took hold of his hand and he then pulled [him/her] up off of the ground. [Y/N] wrapped [his/her] arms around Ben's waist and hugged him, burying [his/her] face into his dirty jacket. He put his arms around her and hugged her back. After a few minutes, they pulled away from each other, and Ben looked down at [Y/N]. 

"Let's get some rest and wait for the walkers to pass. We'll go and look for the others in the morning." He said, looking over to the corner of the room, where there was a small mattress laying on the ground. It was tattered and worn, but it was better than nothing. [Y/N] groaned, when [he/she] noticed what he was suggesting. Ben looked back at [him/her].

"Would you rather sleep on the floor, [Y/N]?" He joked. [He/She] wrinkled [his/her] nose.

"Um, no..?" Ben laughed and went over to the mattress. 

"I'll take the floor then." He said, setting himself down onto the floor.

"Why?" [Y/N] asked, walking over to the mattress and sitting on it.

"So you can have the mattress.." He smiled.

"Why can't we share it?" [He/She] asked.

"It's tiny, [Y/N]! We won't both fit on that!" Ben laughed.

"We will if we squeeze on it!" [He/She} laughed, grabbing Ben's arm and pulling him over towards her on the mattress.

"WHOA, whoa okay." [Y/N] laughed and they both laid down on the mattress together.

"We'll go and find them when we wake up, okay?" He said.

"Okay..." [Y/N] replied. Ben sighed, and the two fell asleep, with the sound of the herd traipsing along outside. 

---------

lmao sorry this is so shitty it was really rushed and I was half asleep  k i l l  m e